Haunt Question

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

I didn't want to start a new topic, and this seems like the place since it is titled "Haunt Question", anyways, I have a question.

Tomorrow night it is supposed to be in the 40s and windy. Should I cancel going (I can go anytime next month), or do you think in your opinion that is perfect HH weather?

I didn't want to start a new topic, and this seems like the place since it is titled "Haunt Question", anyways, I have a question.

Tomorrow night it is supposed to be in the 40s and windy. Should I cancel going (I can go anytime next month), or do you think in your opinion that is perfect HH weather?

Call the park, I know that the temps need to be at a certain degree to run the coasters.

Different parks have different temperatures. So do different managements. I have ridden Beast in the snow. I doubt that ever happens again. I have ridden The Georgia Cyclone while it was sleeting. I do not recommend that.

Some parks open a coaster once a certain temperature is attained, but have a lower temperature threshold for closing it. Once it gets below about 40, riding most coasters is not a very comfortable experience.

And know that Cedar Fair is more likely to close coasters in moderate to heavy rain than most operators/chains. Flight of Fear excluded.

• Like 1

More like adult beverages are cheaper in the parking lot, and, if people gotta drink, Mr. Kinzel doesn't want to give up so easily on an opportunity to amass guest nickels. Not that Six Flags doesn't do the same thing during Fright Fest. It does....

In regards to the no re-entry policy, CF is just continuing what Paramount started. Since it's inception, no re-entry was allowed during FearFest, and that policy was carried over to Haunt. Before FearFest, and before Paramount, no re-entry was allowed during Grad Night either (at least as far back as 1989 when I started working in the park if not before; although I've heard accounts that re-entry was allowed in the earlier years of Grad Night) so the no re-entry policy is not without precedent.

Then there are crazy people like me who ride in shorts, regardless of temperatures.

Or walk across a snowy frozen tundra of a parking lot in shorts! ;)

It's mostly a safety issue, after pulling trash in the parking lot, you would know how much alcohol is consumed out there even on a Saturday afternoon. Haunt nights were the worst. Coaster should be running as long as they start cycling before the temperature drops below 52 degrees. Depends on the ride though.

This is just random out there but did anyone else notice that on the map online and on the attraction list they have congo falls? I really wanna know why they would have that open at 12 at night thats a cold waiting to happen. lol it just seemed very interesting to me

Probably not much different than the Toby Keith Concert last night. 50 degrees and soaked to the bone.

Somehow the normal Kings Island rules don't apply to HH. During the summer, I visit on cloudless, rainless, lightly crowded days.

During Halloween Haunt, it's actually fun when it's cold, crowded, and even rainy. Festhaus after midnight is like a homeless shelter (although it might be a little different with the PSB in there). People just trying to warm up and get something hot to eat or drink. Starbucks is always busy, too.

Overall it's a great atmosphere.