Greek Weekend, 4/17

FSASBoxcarRace14

From what I have heard "Greek Weekend" was a marketing ploy to get college fraternities & sororities to come to the park at a discounted price.....however I have heard that there has been very few tickets sold for the event, so I do not anicipating any increase on attendence due to that. Also the Music in the Parks Band Festival is apperiently not happening this weekend. There will be a few high school bands at the park on Sat. but they are performing in the morning at the bandstand.

I think it depends on what your hopin to do that day. If u wanna try and hit all the rides but not stay all day its usually better to go on a clowdy day where they predict it will rain. (cause theyre wrong all the time anyway, lol) However if you wanna go to hang out w/friends, and like stay the entire day its always better on a nice sunny day. My friend Allen and I used to get to the park around 9:00AM, do the ACE walk back (which then was often to SOB), then do all the rides near it. Then round noon when it got really, really hot out we would ride whitewater canyon and ride the train to the water park. Hang out there just usin our shorts as swimsuits, then round 3 or four come back to the hard park and do all the rides we really wanted to do a couple times each, and get two slices of pizza and a water for $4.77 and eat it while waiting in line for The Beast. Then just do everything else we would want to do and watch the fireworks and then go home. Those were great trips. We'd do that about two or three times a week in the summer.

I'll be driving from Detroit to hit PKI this weekend. I'm way too pumped for it. Best way to kick off the season, I'll tell you what. (ala Hank Hill) I'm glad to hear that tickets haven't been selling well, since my friend has never been to the gorious PKI, and a park is always better with less lines. Hopefully, I wont break The Beast this year. (long story.)