Beach Waterpark cancels 2011 Beach on Ice winter event

From both their Facebook page and the home page of their website:

The Beach Waterpark announced today the cancellation of its Beach on Ice holiday event for 2011. The decision was based on disappointing winter season attendance in 2009 and 2010, and a desire to focus additional resources towards the upcoming Summer season. Please visit www.thebeachwaterpark.com for additional information - and exciting details about the upcoming Summer season!

Well this is kind of depressing, now where am I going to go to get my ice skating and hot chocolate drinking on?

And where am I going to be able to sink paddle boats in a lazy river in the middle of winter, causing my family and me to go for an unexpected swim? For the uninitiated, more on that story can be found here: http://www.KICentral...ndpost&p=261306

To be fair, we did go to Holiday Fest again the following year on New Year's Eve and had a good time... and the paddle boats were no longer there.

I must say that I'm not really all that surprised to see it go though. Festival of Lights is better (and so was Winterfest back in the day)... but Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Christmas is the best! Hard to believe it's only a few more weeks until we go down for that!

But Gordon, why would one rather sit and watch Broomball instead of riding water slides covered in ice...

Oh wait, the first does sound more fun.

This years broomball team will be fun to watch for children of all ages. Beer is better than gatorade.

Well this is kind of depressing, now where am I going to go to get my ice skating and hot chocolate drinking on?

And where am I going to be able to sink paddle boats in a lazy river in the middle of winter, causing my family and me to go for an unexpected swim? For the uninitiated, more on that story can be found here: http://www.KICentral...ndpost&p=261306

To be fair, we did go to Holiday Fest again the following year on New Year's Eve and had a good time... and the paddle boats were no longer there.

I must say that I'm not really all that surprised to see it go though. Festival of Lights is better (and so was Winterfest back in the day)... but Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Christmas is the best! Hard to believe it's only a few more weeks until we go down for that!

hahaha those paddle boats. That attraction sucked so hard. What a great idea that just never really worked. Boddah1994 and I went once and this poor worker was using a stick to try and push our boat through. We eventually just climbed out onto the side and walked back.

I was sad to hear this news though. I took my little cousins last year and they loved every second of it. The folks at The Beach are great. Have a few friends who work there, this is going to suck for them as the event gave them a chance to earn some money in the off season.

Festival of Lights is better (and so was Winterfest back in the day)... but Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Christmas is the best! Hard to believe it's only a few more weeks until we go down for that!

^ Gator, are any of the rides open during that?

Yes, provided the temperatures are warm enough, the rides will be open. Including the roller coasters...

As CoastersRZ answered for me, yes. Smoky Mountain Christmas is a wonderful event. :wub: We went to it for the first time two years ago, and we vowed to make it an annual trip. The shows are top-notch, and we get plenty of rides in too... Thunderhead and Mystery Mine are on my Top 10 lists, and Tennessee Tornado and Blazing Fury are very good too. I've always been one to say "no Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving", but Dollywood is my one exception to the rule because we go in November so that there's a better chance it will be warm enough that the rides will be running!