Hotels near Dollywood

I heard good things about Wild Bear Falls, which is in Gatlinburg (which can be a loooooong drive from Dollywood depending on traffic) from my cousin that has stayed there.

Can't answer the fireworks question.

I got a good laugh out of your thread title "hotels near Dollywood." Yes, there are one or two. B) Hundred.

There is a place called Wilderness at the Smokies that appears to be similar to Great Wolf Lodge from the outside. Have not stayed there but have driven past it many times as we have family that live in that area. It's about a 20 minute drive from there to Dollywood, not taking traffic in to account. It is located on Rte 66 which is the highway you take from I-40 to get to Pigeon Forge.

Also don't know about the fireworks question...sorry!

As others have mentioned the Wilderness at the Smokies resort is probably the closest indoor waterpark resort. Looks like a rather large place on the outside and I have heard some good things. Check Trip Advisor for reviews. This resort is on the line between Pigeon Forge and Severville, so it could be a longer drive than normal depending on trafic.

Also if you are looking for a great resort at the doorstep of Dollywood check out the Riverstone Resort. This place is great with awesome rooms and condos available. Also it is on Dollywood lane, you can walk to the Stampedee, the Old Mill and it is so close to the park entrance. Highly recomend this facility.

• 4 years later...