fearfest

SOBlover

Fearfest is a rather new thing at PKI. Each year they have it is accually a big experiment to see what people like and don't like. Somepeople might say that this last year was poor. But what is that compaired to? Previous years ovcorse but those previous years were pretty good. Did PKI slack this year? Yes, but hopefully they have learned from that and this years will be pretty good.

Yea but what do u expect, this past year Fearfest started at 3pm and was free with your entrance into the park. Yea there may have been a little more of an incentive to make it more thrilling when KI was getting 20bucks a head for fearfest. And seriously Route 666 has the be the coolest fearfest attraction I have ever experienced.

I don't know if these means anything for FearFest this year, but I went and picked up my first set of associate tickets today. That's right, the park has only been open for two weekends and I have already worked 85 hours, not counting this past weekend. But, the point is that the tickets they are handing out to associates this year will only be valid until Sep. 6th, this means that this year associate tickets will not be valid for FearFest. Does this mean that there will be a changes in the prices or somthing like that for FearFest. Because of this they have changed the number of hours worked in order to get your tickets.

This topic was talked about extensively last October-Dec. and basically it comes down to the fact that PKI included FearFest with park admission and the general manager & other important people felt that because of this there would be an increase in young children and families around (look at that...they were right) So they decided that they would cut-back the stuff that might scare the kids on the midways (dark lighting, fog, scary scenes, scaractors...etc...) That is why the park was not as scary atmospherically this past year. As for the future...I am not sure whether they are planning to keep in free this year, but I do know that there are some plans that have been rumored. Apperently the park was not too happy with the final product of Route 666 (even though it had a high guest turn-out), plus they couldn't have it open long enough because it had to be completly dark for it to work right.........So rumor has it that this attraction will not be returning/or will not be the same type of thing this year......BUT the biggest rumor is that the park may actually add a new house this year!!!!!! Where & what theme...has yet to be talked about.

Yea its pretty good, it has been better, like the first year was by far the best year cause the attractions were the best. Like the Terror Tower, The mummys crypt that was in the enchanted theater in HB was awesome and the one in Phantom theater was awesome. Plus the first year they had the theme of, "at _:__ o'clock, the park gets struck by lightning, the whole park goes dark, emerging from the darkness come the most terrafying creatures on the face of the earth." and they actually followed that, at i think Eight O'Clock There was a huge firework that shot off the Eiffel Tower that looked like a bolt of lightning and every light in the park went out for about 30 seconds, then out of the shops and such on international street came all of the "creatures" I must admit, that year was worth the 17 bucks at Blockbuster. However when they tried to move it all to coney mall, I think it all went down hill. Seriously probably the best move they could have made last year was make it free with admission. But hopefully good things are in the future.

I went on the last day. I was waiting in line for Rout 666 about a half hour before it opened and a worker came to me/everyone in line and told me that the scarers wouldn't be there for a half hour to a hour and half. I am not trying to offened any worker who was working that night or any night ,but my point is if the attractions won't open on time and bring people to the park chances are they won't be there for long. Don't get me wrong I want all the fear fest attractions to stay I loved all of them Including Route 666 witch I rode earliar when fear fest started. So lets keep the scares coming Jeff. ohmy.gif