Closing Day October 30

DaveWorldEmperor

I was planning a trip to Kings Island for closing day this year but am afraid of running into crowds with Fast Lane passes. I was at the park last night and only got to ride 5 rides in the time i was there. Usually I thought Sundays and especially the last day, that the park was relativity empty. So if I were too attend the park Sunday what kind of crowds should I expect?

I have been on a vey busy closing day an a not very busy closing day. It depends on things like weather or if the park offers a great last day deal and advertises it. I plan to attend like many of the KICentral community will. If it ends up being busy i will find five KICers to go in some Fast Lane passes for $30.00 I want to make sure I get some rides in before the season

ends.

We were there on closing day last year. A decent day, somewhat overcast, about 45*F by closing time. The park was crowded earlier with families with young children, and some spillover into the big rides. By 6pm, most everything was almost a walk-on. By 8pm closing, we did four consecutive re-rides on Diamondback.

We were there today (Sunday) for three hours open until about 130. Diamondback, Delirium, Beast, Racer, Drop Zone were all walk-on. BLSC was about a five train wait. WindSeeker was a two-cycle wait because they were only running at half capacity when we rode. The Gold Pass lot was COMPLETELY full when we left, but there were a LOT of young kids in costumes.

I went last Sunday when it was beautiful out. They weren't kidding when they said the longest wait was Surf Dog.

Firehawk was a walk on. If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what could.

Fridays and Saturdays in October are probably the busiest days of the entire season, so don't necessary think that the Fast Lane volumes you encountered there are typical of a normal day at the park. Also, don't assume you'll see the same number of Fast Lane passes sold on those days next year.

• Like 1

Park was dead all day...great time. Everything was a walk on, save BLSC. Why anyone would wait in a line for that is, frankly, beyond my comprehension, but to each their own.

Was able to see a couple of old trams, and the cars for SOB on Adventure Express...the benefits of the leaves falling.