Winter rehab

sam2cpa

Thats pretty fast to get started on work, hopefully Vortex is an even better ride next year.

But you knew it was coming....... Maybe the next Winter rehab that needs done is SOB :D

They do this every year. Vortex will be the same.

Nope. All the trains come off of all the coasters. They tear the trains apart, inspecting all the parts. Most of that work is done in the warmth of the maintenance buildings around the park. Once re-assembled, most of the trains will wait out the winter months under the shelter of the picnic grove shelters.

Typically they start the trains that experience the most forces and wear and tear first. Usually these are rides like Vortex, Diamondback, and The Beast. Because they will take longer to completely tear down and re-build.

Uhm no. Certain maintenance crews have certain rides and how much stress a ride gets has no bearing on which one gets worked on first,

Typically they start the trains that experience the most forces and wear and tear first. Usually these are rides like Vortex, Diamondback, and The Beast. Because they will take longer to completely tear down and re-build.

Uhm no. Certain maintenance crews have certain rides and how much stress a ride gets has no bearing on which one gets worked on first,

Wow....... That was quick!!! :lol:

Recently they have been doing it that way. They remove all the rides about the same time....but generally the coasters with the most parts on the trains get taken care of generally at the beginning that way there is no rush to rebuild with the possibility of doing something wrong.

But you'll probably say that I'm wrong too.

...But you'll probably say that I'm wrong too...

Because you are. You missed my point. My point was the the amount of stress a ride receives has ZERO impact on the way winter maintenance is done. Secondly, the amount of parts a coaster train has zero impact as well. The coaster trains generally have a two man crew working on them non stop all winter. With the exception of the wood coaster trains as they are swapped in and out of the wood coaster shop all winter long. It's been this way since the park has been around.

Forgive me for making educated guesses and using deductive reasoning, whether I'm right or I'm wrong, there's no reason you have to be a jerk about it. HTCO and I have worked at the park in the past couple of years. I know my department was in rides and my comments are going off of what I've been told by higher ups. Whether or not you work or have worked in the park as maintenance gives no cause for holier than thou replies.

• Like 8

Recently they have been doing it that way. They remove all the rides about the same time....but generally the coasters with the most parts on the trains get taken care of generally at the beginning that way there is no rush to rebuild with the possibility of doing something wrong.

But you'll probably say that I'm wrong too.

Ahh, the old "higher-ups"/"upper management" bomb... love that one.

This doesn't read like it was someone making an educated guess. AZ was defending his post. And AZ is correct. He is the guy who would know. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be if you saw people on here posting made up thoughts as if they were "in the know?"

• Like 4