Winter rehab

sam2cpa

Recently they have been doing it that way. They remove all the rides about the same time....but generally the coasters with the most parts on the trains get taken care of generally at the beginning that way there is no rush to rebuild with the possibility of doing something wrong.

But you'll probably say that I'm wrong too.

Forgive me for making educated guesses and using deductive reasoning, whether I'm right or I'm wrong, there's no reason you have to be a jerk about it. HTCO and I have worked at the park in the past couple of years. I know my department was in rides and my comments are going off of what I've been told by higher ups. Whether or not you work or have worked in the park as maintenance gives no cause for holier than thou replies.

I see no evidence of AZ bing a jerk. If saying someone has posted incorrect information is being a jerk then I believe we are all guilty.

You made the statement "Recently they have been doing it that way." When I read this I thought you knew what you were talking about, not an "educated guess" developed from talking to/overhearing "higher ups."

As it turns out, you were wrong (intentional or not), they don't do it that way. AZ pointed this out and went on to explain what the protocal actually is.

• Like 1

Forgive me for making educated guesses and using deductive reasoning, whether I'm right or I'm wrong, there's no reason you have to be a jerk about it. HTCO and I have worked at the park in the past couple of years. I know my department was in rides and my comments are going off of what I've been told by higher ups. Whether or not you work or have worked in the park as maintenance gives no cause for holier than thou replies.

Thank you. Saved me a whole paragraph of typing.

Did they remove the sign because of wolf pack and club blood during Haunt? Just a random guess though...

Thats a good question. I didnt get a chance to goto haunt this year So I didnt see if they Removed it earlier or not.. Just thought it was kinda weird. Not that I think Flight Deck is Going anywhere, Just thought it was kinda weird they'd remove a sign to a Rollercoaster before the park was closed for the year... I actually snapped a pic of it but not sure how to post it in a reply..

I want to say I remember them doing that same thing last year on closing day, but I'm not sure... I do know for sure that KI was getting a head start on shutting down on closing day this year. Halfway through the day, they were already stockpiling trashcans in The Crypt's and Drop Tower's lines. Could just be a part of that.

• Like 1

I want to say I remember them doing that same thing last year on closing day, but I'm not sure... I do know for sure that KI was getting a head start on shutting down on closing day this year. Halfway through the day, they were already stockpiling trashcans in The Crypt's and Drop Tower's lines. Could just be a part of that.

We left the park around 5:15 and they were removing the headstones on International Street. They didn't waste any time!

This is just a random side bar, but when someone says "I've worked at the park the past few seasons"... Am I the only person who immediately thinks to themselves, "you and 3,500 other people"?

Im not sure where or who said it, but maybe I'll throw my two cents in the pot for what its worth.

When you say something like "It is, or They are" - the sentence structure leaves no wiggle room for interpretation, what you are saying is indeed fact. Many moons ago you could come make a post, and say something as benign as ' McDonald's is extending breakfast until 10:31am M-F" and your post would be followed up with twenty posts that contained one word ... "Proof?". You have no idea how seeing someone demand evidence infuriated me and made my blood boil. Regardless, it was hard, for some, to accept what other users were saying because so many people were posting things as if they were fact, instead of hearsay they had either overheard or been privy to discussion regarding. 'Higher Up' is such a laughable phrase anyway. Do you have any idea how many 'higher ups' there are in a facility like Kings Island? Your supervisor, for that matter, is a 'higher up'. I have no idea if the full time rides managers know anything about the extent or process for rehabbing trains, my guess is their knowledge is fairly limited, but then again - its just my guess.

My point is, the information that was presented, by those 'people who'd worked at the park for several seasons' and had 'heard it from "higher ups" ', you don't really know if what these people tell you is the truth. If it were me, while I might believe what they said, I would not be repeating it as gospel truth, which those individuals did more or less, until they were able to confirm with someone who works in maintenance on the trains themselves, like Aaron.

As for the way his response went - was he a jerk? Compared to some of the other things I've seen him write to other users, no. The thing you always have to remember is, just because you read it and interpret how he would be articulating it to you if he was speaking, it might not be how he intended it when it was written. Things often become lost in translation simply because the reader cannot hear the author verbalize the written word. Sometimes I think what he says contains a certain arrogant crassness about it, but it doesn't negate the validity of what he is offering, he does know his job after all. Then again, if you get offended by a screen name on a website that discusses a subject that, in the grand scheme of life, doesn't matter one bit, then maybe you're wound a little too tightly and need to relax a tad :-)

Somewhere along the lines I think a lot of people forgot the reason to congregate here was to, simply put it, have fun. When it no longer becomes fun, whats the point?

P.S. - My other all time favorite demand for evidence, in a much more coy fashion that "no one saw through" would be the tool bag who would say "Oh gee golly... I sure do wish I could see a picture of that *cough cough* *wink wink* *nudge nudge*"

again... just my two cents

• Like 7

There is a way to politely educate someone without making them feel like an idiot or pointing it out to them on a forum. That's what I have issue with-and that is why I rarely post. Before responding to someone on here who may not know the facts, think about how you would take it if someone said it to you. It's simple courtesy. Some responses on here are abrasive, and there's no excuse for it. I would love to learn from someone in that position, but there is no way in hell I would ask them about it.

• Like 3

Here is my two cents. Those that work for the park know more than you think. But do not an will not tell. And those that don't work for the park think no one knows anything, and will usually give you every lie under the sun. So either way you look at it, trying to find information about a park will just screw you over.

And then there are conference calls, where under the watchful eye of the SEC, information is fully disclosed, or is at least supposed to be.

I'd love to hear one of those stock market analysts ask Mr. Kinzel in what order are the coaster trains rehabbed during the off-season at Kings Island. Actually, under the old Snyder/Shapiro management at Six Flags, I could see a similar question being asked and answered.

Terp, not one of the 3,500, but one who does quote the public utterances of higher-ups, finance guys and operations guys alike ( and park presidents, for that matter...both male and female...)

There is a way to politely educate someone without making them feel like an idiot or pointing it out to them on a forum...Before responding to someone on here who may not know the facts, think about how you would take it if someone said it to you. It's simple courtesy.

That is THE main things that I feel that we have lost around here, courtesy*.

Somewhere along the lines I think a lot of people forgot the reason to congregate here was to, simply put it, have fun. When it no longer becomes fun, whats the point?

If I believed in signatures this would be mine!

There used to be a feeling of comradery around here...but that has been QUITE a while ago. :(

*Which coincidentally is a subject that I have included in a forthcoming post I have ween working on for a few months.

I feel like this forum has become a bit like high school. We all have different opinions about things and we all like different things. Some people just can't accept other peoples opinions and that's fine but you don't have to flame them for it.

For Example. I personally like Son of Beast. And when I tell people this I usually get blank stares followed by, "You're crazy Son of Beast was the worst coaster in history. blah blah blah.

My point is we all need to be a little more accepting of each others opinions.

• Like 4

Something I try to keep in mind while on the forum:

Since we are a small group of individuals that are KI enthusiasts, I think we should go above and beyond to show each other more respect and be more forgiving with each other as we talk and learn about the park we enjoy. I understand that we hold each other a little higher for posting wrong info, but should be courteous and respectful when correcting someone. It just maintains credibility and keeps the conversation fun.

• Like 4

This forum - like many others - makes people look like jerks, even if they don't intend to be. I've seen people post on here and immediately decided I didn't like them, but they turned out to be very genuine people in person. AZ Kinda Guy is one of them. He's very straightforward in the way that he presents things, but he doesn't intend to be rude.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First thought, why is it so hard for people to deal with it whenthey're wrong?

Something to think about: My sister nearly burnt down one if my properties and I hurt her feelings saying something about how messy she is (she also stole my fire extinguisher for her business). She won't talk to me. Who is in the wrong?

Srandbyme I couldn't disagree more. Meaning I do disagree and it couldn't be more so. I have found not only friends here but mentors I greatly respect and help me in my daily life. The tone here definitely gets bratty and I'm guilty too.

I teach high hookers (auto correct for high schoolers Lol) and they are incredibly rude to eachother and honestly, it's how they show love. It's just how they are. If they posted the way they talk and I thought it was coming from

an adult, I would be ticked. Something to think about.

EDIt TO ADD: After a nights rest I've come to a conclusion. The biggest problem on here is people getting offended by criticism, no matter how kindly it is posted.

Problem #2 People really freak out when they act like they know more than they do and someone who really does know points that out.

Re-read posts and you'll see who is right and who is wrong, and still... the incorrect try to lie and speak vaguely and try to make us re-interpret what they said so they look right.

BEST LIFE LESSON EVER:

Person #1- says something incorrect

Person #2- "No that's wrong"

Person #1- "Oh, OK. Thanks"

Maybe a good thing to practice in the mirror. It took me about 30 years to get that one right.

• Like 2

This forum - like many others - makes people look like jerks, even if they don't intend to be. I've seen people post on here and immediately decided I didn't like them, but they turned out to be very genuine people in person. AZ Kinda Guy is one of them. He's very straightforward in the way that he presents things, but he doesn't intend to be rude.

I agree. 100%.