The Crypt: Gone for 2012!

TombRaiderFTW

I can assure you as of now, the park plans on operating The Crypt this year.

As for tearing down the building, highly unlikely. The park would keep the building and convert it before they would tear it down.

A friend of mine has been placed at The Crypt for this season...

I never said what department did I?

A friend of yours was "placed" at Crypt this year... If it is any other department besides Rides Operations, please, do tell.

• Like 1

As for tearing down the building, highly unlikely. The park would keep the building and convert it before they would tear it down.

A friend of yours was "placed" at Crypt this year... If it is any other department besides Rides Operations, please, do tell.

*cough cough*TheCryptisbeingretrofittedasayear-roundHauntattractionforthe2012season*cough cough*

One can dream, can't they?

Guest rcfreak339

*cough cough*TheCryptisbeingretrofittedasayear-roundHauntattractionforthe2012season*cough cough*

One can dream, can't they?

Even then they wouldn't be placed at Crypt...the attraction would have a different name.

Ah, good ol' Curse of The Crypt. My first year of Haunt/FearFest and I was placed in that attraction. Anyway, all they would need to do is just add "Haunted Attraction" to The Crypt and you'd be fine. The only question is how feasible it is to get people down to the floor below the ride carriage and back up again?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm not surprised. The ride was made to be an exciting, movie like experience, and with the harsh guidelines set in the Paramount- Cedar Fair contract, was almost impossible to give the ride back its former glory. I'm glad that the ride will be gone, and I'm hoping that this new Haunt Experience will only be in the building for a year. Next year, something needs to be done with the building. Whether it's putting in a new ride, or tearing it down completely. There is no point in keeping a big building like that for something that will only run 1 month of a year. It's the perfect area for a new flat ride, and I believe that the area would suit it well. I truly don't want this large land space to be taken up for something that could easily occupy an area 1/4 of its size.

I don't know whether to feel really sad or relieved. Like 74Gibson said, I really hated watching TR:TR die. But it's still that ride that set the stage for me becoming an amusement ride fan, even if the experience was very poor for its last three years. Guess I'll settle for both.

My biggest curiosity now is how they'll make it clear the ride isn't operating. Will they fence in the area till Haunt time, or will they just remove the sign and put "this ride isn't operating" signs at the entrance?

EDIT: Changed the punctuation in the thread title to fit the occasion.

It's for the best, the ride's best days were behind it. When I rode it on opening day last season (the only time I rode it all season) it was in a sad state even with the "ride enhancements", which were just lipstick on a pig in my opinion. Sad to see what was once Tomb Raider, a ride that had entered with a bang as one of the park's biggest investments ever fade into history with a small tweet announcing its end.

The biggest disappointment to me though is that it's not being torn down, the box is an eyesore, but oh well it'll be interesting to see what they do with it for Haunt.

• Like 3

A big empty building that won't be used until the fall will be an eyesore. Hopefully next year they can do something better with the space, either a new ride in the building or remove it and put something in its place.