The Crypt: Gone for 2012!

TombRaiderFTW

I can't say i'm surprised at anything going on with this ride. I can honestly say that I've gotten stuck on it more than I can count on 2 hands. I thought it was a very poorly operated ride and things were just not going good with it. I wouldn't mind having a ride similar to it, but it needs to be more reliable.

I would love to see an old flat ride brought back, restored and returned to it's former glory.

Which one?? Insert your favorite.

I vote for a Bayern Kurve style ride. I know, only a dream, but It was my favorite high-speed ride that got my nerve up to ride the coasters.

That would be nice, some sort of alpine roller coaster type would be great for the area. Or a complete renovation of the area, and some how place the KCKC back in its "original" area of operation, but alas the facts state for a Haunt to be in the tin box.

The box is great for a haunt. Why not just make it another dark ride though. An older style dark ride without the novelty of the guns on Boo Hill. Or even a Disaster Transport style ride maybe.

Or a Phantom Theater even! Without the cardboard, the guns, and maybe some of the rollercoaster ideas.

i miss the Crypt.

i never got to ride it when it was TR. i was too short.

they might as well just turn the entire park into a friggin' Halloween Haunt.

those don't do anything for me.

& the lines are too long.

i'm there for the rides.!

Alright well I was holding onto this idea on the chance I'd be a millionaire one day but that seems to not be happening anytime soon. So what I would love to see happen with the Crypt building since it seems they definitely want to use it for Halloween. I would love to see a Haunted House/Ropes Course. Imagine putting on your lead and harness at the cave entry and working your way around the crypt through many series of obstacles. Add to the obstacles scare actors and you could achieve some great frights. This could be toned down during the regular season and dare I say could make a great upcharge.

Just to confirm that the Crypt has left the building. So yes, they have already removed the ride form the building. This is a email I got back from KI

Brian,

Thanks for your email. The building that formerly housed the Crypt is empty. Future uses of the structure are being considered but nothing has been announced at this time.

Best regards,

Charlie Gold

Kings Island Information Center

(513)754-5700

charlie.gold@visitkingsisland.com

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:37 PM

To: Gold, Charlie

Subject: FW: Form Submission: Contact Us

DON Helbig

Public Relations Area Manager | Kings Island

6300 Kings Island Drive | Kings Island, Ohio 45034

(513) 754-5797 | FAX: (513) 754-5725

i hope a ride will get put in thier becuase the moment it starts to rain in the park the two indoor rides get flooded (pun not intened)

When I first read this I thought you literally meant the rain would flood some indoor rides so Kings Island needs more indoor rides because they keep flooding. I completely skipped over the "with people" part after it. I need to go to sleep.

• Like 1

Im was in German 1 and next school year into German 2 i enjoy German a lot! translators don't work right for German either (for the most part) i know becuase are teacher has told us. ex. in a translator you many put "I like fat old women" you will probly get "Ich gern dick alt frau." when really it is "Ich dick alt frau gern". actually i just tried the translator and gern dosen't even show up as like. ask a German teacher they might be able to help you. B) habe ein guten tag Titan.

^ Actually capital s 'Sie' is the formal word for 'you'. It can also mean she as you said but that will be lower case and a different verb form.

For example:

'Wo wohnen Sie?' Means 'where do you live?'

vs.

'Wo wohnt Sie?' Which is 'where does she live?'

I took German as well... also grammar is spelled grammar.

Well, to be frank, the "themed" area of Oktoberfest consists of a Viking ship (whose origins stem from Norway), a coaster set within the confines of a South American archaeological expedition gone horribly awry, a burrito shack, and a restaurant with the facade of a German festival house but with Italian and Chinese entrees, and a set of both country and British-themed musical revues.

Actually, I can't even be frank, because they don't sell hot dogs in Oktoberfest!

• Like 2