The Crypt: Gone for 2012!

TombRaiderFTW

If they do infact use the building for haunt, i would love to see them have some of their actors with the ability to 'fly' over everyone using some ropes and harnesses :P But I doubt this will happen with the risk of injuries and that :/

Im was in German 1 and next school year into German 2 i enjoy German a lot! translators don't work right for German either (for the most part) i know becuase are teacher has told us. ex. in a translator you many put "I like fat old women" you will probly get "Ich gern dick alt frau." when really it is "Ich dick alt frau gern". actually i just tried the translator and gern dosen't even show up as like. ask a German teacher they might be able to help you. B) habe ein guten tag Titan.

They still teach German in school? I only know German because I have relatives out there, so it helps knowing it. And it's very intimidating when you yell at someone. Remember that when you're in a fight ^_^

If they do infact use the building for haunt, i would love to see them have some of their actors with the ability to 'fly' over everyone using some ropes and harnesses :P But I doubt this will happen with the risk of injuries and that :/

Technically, it's already been (and still being) done with the bungee jump gag, where an actor leaps out in front of guests and leaps back into the darkness in the same split second. But in terms of flying over guests' heads, it can be done. You just need a lot of structural support on the walls where the rig is going to be and whatnot.

How do you tell a real Russian from a fraud? Make them drink a whole bottle of vodka and see who pukes first.

My Russian Prof, told us that Russians have this old "proverb"

A shot a day, keeps the doctor away!

She was always pro-drinking, and always said that if we went to Russia we'd have to be careful with who we drink with. Russians (In general) can drink drink drink and still be fine, but us...well...we are usually out on the 20th shot xD

Я люблю русский язык!!

The park's official Twitter made note that the Crypt's ride building will provide a fantastic Haunt experience "for years to come." Could just be PR, but it sounds like their plans for that area aren't developed or won't be developed for a while.

I really hope they don't make this a permanent "Haunt" attraction! Common KI. In a 6 month season Halloween Haunt is only running for 1 month. Why would they waste such an amazing structure/space on a haunt attraction that would only be running for 1 month. I'm tired of KI treating Halloween Haunt as if it's the vehicle that's making KI run. There are other spaces and buildings that are just being used for haunt attraction 1 month out of their operating season. Why not utilize those spaces for the entire season? I pray this isn't the fate of the empty Crypt structure. Please God no! Give us something better than that!

• Like 1

The park's official Twitter made note that the Crypt's ride building will provide a fantastic Haunt experience "for years to come." Could just be PR, but it sounds like their plans for that area aren't developed or won't be developed for a while.

I really hope they don't make this a permanent "Haunt" attraction! Common KI. In a 6 month season Halloween Haunt is only running for 1 month. Why would they waste such an amazing structure/space on a haunt attraction that would only be running for 1 month. I'm tired of KI treating Halloween Haunt as if it's the vehicle that's making KI run. There are other spaces and buildings that are just being used for haunt attraction 1 month out of their operating season. Why not utilize those spaces for the entire season? I pray this isn't the fate of the empty Crypt structure. Please God no! Give us something better than that!

I do believe HH brings in a lot of money for KI, and I'm sure any haunt running for 1 month in that building will bring more people through the queue than the previous ride did in the last couple of years.

I do believe HH brings in a lot of money for KI, and I'm sure any haunt running for 1 month in that building will bring more people through the queue than the previous ride did in the last couple of years.

Well yeah, the previous ride sucked! I remember when it first opened as Tomb Raider and the entire queue line was filled to capacity! If they actually put some thought into that space and made it something fun/unique/cool then yeah, it would definitely bring the people in. KI shouldn't be like, "Well our crappy ride didn't do well so I guess that means we'll just shut it down and use that space for a haunt attraction." To me that's just lazy. They need to be more creative and come up with a truly unique family attraction to fill that space. Something that will make people want to ride it, not just another half-butted, lazy attempt to re-theme a previously used space.

I do feel KI has gotten lazy over the past 2-3 years,SC should of got a new slide too. Universal knows how to muti task, working on Jaws area, working on a soundstage, working on HHN, bringing mid way rides to Simpson's and plus if a ride breaks down thier they get it up an going within an hour, rarely is a ride closed all day at Universal.

I go to Universal alot and that is true with the construction going on right now. They even pay workers to dress like tourist and sit around the construction to answer questions etc. They do know how to fix things fast and keep up on stuff but i personally love Cedar Fair parks way better!

I would love an indoor Wild Mouse ride. Not one like Wildcat, but something more akin to Ricochet at Carowinds/Dominion. It worked very well with the Dark Knight Coaster. I think the sidden turns in the pitch black where you can't prepare for them could make for a fun and wild ride.

I look forward to the future plan for that building and anticipate something good.

CF typically does not remove an attraction of that size without a plan in place (that is unless the are forced to do so).

Sigh.

Typically is the key word here.

• Like 1

The building doesn't really have to be involved in their plans (if any exist). It would be quick work to demolish that building, I should think. Certainly an easier task than demolishing the 200-foot tall wooden thing that isn't there. And I think the 200-foot tall wooden thing that isn't there will stand longer than Crypt's building will.

Yes, all threads lead there eventually.

• 2 weeks later...