The Crypt: Gone for 2012!

TombRaiderFTW

What a sad ending to a once great ride. I remember when this ride first opened. It was such an immersive experience, almost on par with the likes of the Disney attractions. From the themeing to things such as the rock (for lack of a better term) movie screen raising up and the rock doors sliding open, it was such an amazing experience. For someone who is no fan of waste, whether material, monetary or otherwise, I hate to see something just go to waste like this. A waste of money, a waste of materials, needlessly taking out the Canal logflume ride, etc. They didn't even get ten years out of the ride. But hindsight is 20/20, I guess. And one could say this about many other things in this country besides The Crypt. However, I knew something had to be done about the ride. After riding it the past few years, it was just pitiful. I often felt as if they should've just shut it down, rather than continuing to run it as a half-ass ride. There's nothing worse than half-assing something. If you can't go full-bore with something, then don't do it at all. I do hope they eventually tear the "box" down and just start completely over. That's all they need is another dormant ride just sitting there year after year, while they drag their feet deciding what to do with it.

My wish for 2013...

Welcome to the world of the mysterious Crypt 2! First, you step into a cave, surrounded by flying bats. Then, you journey forward, to find moving, mysterious, unkown animals. You push further, through the land that seems to be ruled by skeletons. You then go into a room, and get locked in. Suddenly, before your eyes, in front of a bat demon, a screen appears. You watch a pre-movie about how the land is owned by The Bat demon and mysterious goddess. You move forward, on either a side that says evil, or the side that reads death. Then, you strap into a suspended top spin. The ride starts (to the current inception track) and you either head up backwards, or face to face with the mysterious goddess. She yells to you, "the temple is ours! You can not retrieve it for yourselves!" then she send you back, upside down 4 times, and the "death side" watches as a volcano in front of them erupts, and your face down at the lava. You then quickly go upwards to the ceiling, inverting 5 times. Then once again, the "evil side" comes face to face with the mysterious goddess. She then yells "you can't survive this!" And sends you through a flip, up into razor sharp blades ( like used in Saw: The Ride). Then, the gondala turns and stays upside down, and the "evil side" gets a taste of the blades.(The "death" side "tasted" them first.). Lasers then start shooting at the goddess from below, as you get sent through 3 more flips, and the goddess screams. You then go back down to safety, exit the cave, and check out your ride photos. An amazing themed ride with a total of 14 flips, and a ride time around 3 minutes. There probably are a few flaws in there, but tell me if you like it.

Am I the only one that's ridiculously excited to see what they do with the space in relativity to making a killer Haunt? (No Pun Intended)

Nope, you're not the only one. As I said in the other topic that was started on this subject and then locked:

Yes, but that big ugly box is the perfect location for a Haunt. Too bad it's going to still be standing there the rest of the year though.

And the park is once again without a Ferris wheel...

• Like 1

A big empty building that won't be used until the fall will be an eyesore. Hopefully next year they can do something better with the space, either a new ride in the building or remove it and put something in its place.

What about Club Blood? Wolf Pack? That big wooden object behind Wolf Pack?

What I am say is, yes it will be awkward at first, compared to other eyesores in the park it will not be too bad.

Am I the only one that's ridiculously excited to see what they do with the space in relativity to making a killer Haunt? (No Pun Intended)

Nope I have been talking about that as well on Facebook today.

Nope, you're not the only one. As I said in the other topic that was started on this subject and then locked:

Yes, but that big ugly box is the perfect location for a Haunt. Too bad it's going to still be standing there the rest of the year though.

And the park is once again without a Ferris wheel...

Thankfully There was no food or drink on me when I read this. Classic.

No I am so excited for this. Finally KI is going to have some good space to make a totally awesome Haunt. If they don't use it to its full potential for Haunt I will not be pleased XD. Don't get me wrong, I love KI and its visual appeearence, but I'm a Haunt girl all the way and this is a good thing for me.

OUCH...well, goodbye Crypt. It was such a shame seeing the ride in the state it was in, after hearing about how great it was when it opened. My one ride on it in 2009 sucked, but that was LONG after the ride was in its prime. Trying to get this ride to run a crazy 8-flip cycle in 2008 probably killed the old girl, but given how strict Paramount was with this ride, Cedar Fair had no choice. I'm hoping the ride that will replace it will be good- if it's a Suspended Top Spin (which can handle a 8-flip cycle), New Water Ride (similar to Shoot The Rapids, etc), Screamin' Swing, or using the Crypt "box" for a dark-ride similar to the old Phantom Theatre...or something else I'm not thinking of, perhaps...the fact the "box" may well be staying could mean something.

And I just thought of something: In the 5 years since Cedar Fair purchased KI, how many rides have they ripped out? If I'm thinking correctly, this would only be #3- SOB still has a chance of re-opening (Amazingly, I was sure it would be demolished by now if that was their plan for it...seriously, 3 years?), and the only rides CF has removed have been small pay-per-rides like EuroBungee and EuroBobble (those attractions are #1 and #2)...

RIP, old Crypt...I didn't like you as I knew you, but still...

Just a thought that popped into my head- what if the ride will secretly still be in the building but SBNO this year, and "hidden" from view during the haunt, then the whole thing being demolished until later (2012-2013 offseason)?

It's possible...only way I think we could even tell would be this: look behind SOB at the KI Graveyard from the Eiffel Tower, and if huge metal pieces and seats from a top spin pop up, the building is probably staying. If not, they are demolishing it all at once, including building. (Unless they get rid of the top spin parts before the season even starts...)

No I am so excited for this. Finally KI is going to have some good space to make a totally awesome Haunt. If they don't use it to its full potential for Haunt I will not be pleased XD. Don't get me wrong, I love KI and its visual appeearence, but I'm a Haunt girl all the way and this is a good thing for me.

Umm its a big empty building. It's not like it has multiple floors. So what can they make here that they couldn't make in the other buildings. I mean come on, KI already proved they don't wanna put a roof on Holiday Horror. So if you look up in this one its just a big empty room. Only thing that I think would be cool is if they projected some cool images on the ceiling say maybe a thunderstorm or something.