Offseason KIC day?

Dan

The best thing for me since I joined KICentral was having the opportunity to meeting so many great fellow members here. Some of you have become close friends and I cherish our friendship In past years it seems many of the members here have gotten together in some ways to include going to Holiday Festivities together or to go bowling on a Saturday afternoon. It seems we all long for theses types of get togethers during the off season and I am sure this off season will be no exception to those meet-ups. As of now no plans for a KIC off season get together but I am sure in due time there will be something. Until then feel free to post a meet-up opportunity at some of the holiday festivities coming up soon.

• Like 1

The best thing for me since I joined KICentral was having the opportunity to meeting so many great fellow members here.

I agree 100%. I still find it odd that I live in Illinois, only go to the park a few times a year...and yet when I go there I have people call me out by name. (It makes it seem more like home! :) )

I also hope the park is willing to let us see some of the construction...or possibly some deconstruction this off season! ;)

The best thing for me since I joined KICentral was having the opportunity to meeting so many great fellow members here. Some of you have become close friends and I cherish our friendship In past years it seems many of the members here have gotten together in some ways to include going to Holiday Festivities together or to go bowling on a Saturday afternoon. It seems we all long for theses types of get togethers during the off season and I am sure this off season will be no exception to those meet-ups. As of now no plans for a KIC off season get together but I am sure in due time there will be something. Until then feel free to post a meet-up opportunity at some of the holiday festivities coming up soon.

Bowling sounds cool. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Few things;

1. keep in mind one should try to please everyone but understand that some you can not please oh matter what. Therefore do not punish the grateful because of the ungrateful otherwise the ungrateful numbers will grow.Don loves Kings Island and is very proud to share it, I have heard him express a few ideas on what he thinks enthusiast may enjoy so do not be surprised for an invitation some time down the road.

2. Keep in mind a KICentral get together does not necessarily be at KI this year as there is not much to show there other than dirt. I think a bowling or another event gathering is always fun to do during February. If there is something to show then maybe Don may be open t a quick tour followed by a dinner get together or a evening of bowling.

3 Personal note here; I have been a bit absent for the most part the past month here and that is due to a combination of factors although I have responded to PM or spam notifications as they came up. Sorry to be MIA for this past few weeks and look forward to catching up on what I have been missing out on. I just needed some time to make a few life adjustments with the family and business not because of anything that came up but more because it was just time to give both those issues some extra special attention. Also during that time I have decided to do something for myself in the form of taking care of my health and started a diet and exercise regime. I decided to start now so I would be fit by the time KI Soak City opens. I ordered a new treadmill on Black Friday and started using it already, the best part of it is I can browse KIC will jogging on it. Look forward to getting back on here amongst friends.

• Like 2

It's good that you are putting your health first. I'm happy to hear it. I started putting my health first again for the 1st time in a while. I was almost back to a weight I haven't been to in 14 years. So I put together a home gym consisting of a bench press, stationary bike, pull up bar, curling bar, barbells, 500lbs worth of weights to make all of this useful, an ab roller, an indoor trampoline, jumprope, I have placed a rope about 20 ft. into a tree for climbing, and I have constructed a chin-up bar. To date, I have made excellent use of all of this equipment. In the past 6 months, I have dropped 16 pounds. I have had the bench press for a long time, ( I have been using this for much longer than the rest of this equipment ) and have worked my way back up to lifting 300lbs in 3 reps of 10, which I have not been able to do in nearly 8 years. I have been rather aggressive at it, skipping the more traditional 3 days a week, and working half of the equipment for 30 minutes, skipping 2 days, then working all of the equipment for 60 minutes, skip 2 days, repeat. It's proven to take a lot of determination to keep doing this. The hardest part was I found myself getting bored and uninterested in finishing a workout. So I placed a TV and a radio in the room to help with this.

I agree with Jesse`s comments. I have been fairly absent from KIC here the last few months. Life has a way of catching up to you, and between my job and my social life, I have been kept pretty busy. I still pop in here from time to time and check the forums. I just don`t have as much free time as I used to...

Depends really on a number of factors. First,last day or special events you can count on many KICers at the park meeting up. During the regular season many get together on weekends or even during the week just watch the meet-up section during that time.