If you could choose music for KI's rides...

TombRaiderFTW

This season saw several song clips being used on multiple rides. For instance, Beast's lift music switched from part of the Armageddon score to part of the Saw score, Invertigo's station played "Vertigo" by U2, and The Crypt's queue and ride both gained portions of the Inception score. Some of them were really cool, but some, like BLSC's Flight of the Valkyries in the helicopter scene, were a bit... odd, in my opinion. (Not to say that I didn't appreciate them nonetheless!) I kinda found myself wondering what song(s) I'd pick for the rides on multiple occasions, so I'm curious what you guys think.

If you could pick any song to be used in any way for KI's rides (be it the clips in the station from this year, onboard audio a la Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, or even something new), what would you pick?

For me, even though I love the Inception score on The Crypt, I'd love to hear this song in the line. I heard it during my music class this quarter, and it instantly made me think of the ride, for some reason. A la Tomb Raider, it'd be cooler if the music got more intense the closer you get to the ride, but I don't think getting the TR:TR score back is an option right now, haha.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iLdbHl3U3pg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On that note, I'm still a sucker for the Inception score... and like I said this spring, I'd still really love to hear "Mombasa" by Hans Zimmer featured during the ride. It doesn't have the same theatrical effect that the current song, "Dream is Collapsing" has with the fast-paced violins and the deep "bummm bummmmm," but then again, what's the point of being theatrical when there's nothing going on?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="

http://www.youtube.com/embed/RwIo_VadeFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finally, even though it's not at KI, I haven't been able to stop associating Muse's "Knights of Cydonia" with Maverick at Cedar Point. I feel like it'd make a really cool onride audio if it was edited just right... Can you imagine the second repetition of "you and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive" being timed with the second launch so that the dragging surviiiiiiiiive matches up right with the launch? Then the guitar solo right after that fits the rest of the ride perfectly, in my mind... Ahhhh. It's nice to dream.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="

http://www.youtube.com/embed/1mkIrvuU_zE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm curious to hear what songs you guys suggest.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I would play Free Bird on every single ride at every single park in the country...just to hear peoples reaction, as when that first guitar notes hit, people inevitably holler "Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" in their best hillbilly voice.

I especially like how you can literally see a little electronic box affixed to the ride's station that says "Ride Audio," and the glass is shattered on it and all the lights are off. It may as well be a prop installed by Cedar Fair the way that it absolutely and positively assures us that ride audio will never again be a problem on that ride.

For some reason, every time I hear Rihanna, I think of KI. I have no idea why, I'm not even particularly a fan (but I do like some of her songs). When I hear her, it puts me right at the park. When I near "Umbrella", I always think of AZ. Weird!!

When I was little I remember hearing Modanna "ray of light" when in line for WWC,It was playing the music video. so now everytime i hear that song it brings back that memory. Also Spice girls "wannabe" , Blind Melon, "no rain" use to play on the tvs when in line.. Everytime I hear them songs it makes me think of Kings Island and bring back memories.