Realistic Off-Season Improvement Ideas

IndyGuy4KI

Eliminate fast passes!!! I just can't stand seeing people spend hard earned money to get into the park, then do nothing but wait in line all day.

Why should the people that pay more for passes not be able to take a faster route? Pay the price for the pass, get through the line faster. It's their decision to spend money on the passes, and if trying to get through the park quickly or not wanting to wait in line, can come in handy.

The people who spend their hard earned money to get into the park can also use their hard earned money to purchase a fast pass and, while it might not seem fair, it's their money they're spending.

Thats Not the Point! While it may be the Choice of the Consumer whether to or to not buy a WhinePass, It Penilizes the ones who didnt buy it by making them stand in line Longer! I stood in line an Extra (Estimated) 30-45 minutes Longer on WindSeeker because by the Time the Ride Ops let the WhinePassers on, there was only room for 5-7 people out of the Original Que. For someone who Already Paid 50 bucks for a General Admission pass, Thats BS..

And those who can't afford to come to the park at all think that those who can have an unfair advantage. The park is a business, and will do what it thinks it must to consistently make money over time. And that's not BS.

If that means $12 parking, selling Fast Lane or charging more for premium experiences, that's what they will do. And you can vote with your dollars.

• Like 1

g) They can't reopen the International Restaurant due to ADA restrictions. They do not have an elevator in place for guests to use to get to the restaurant. They would have to build an elevator. In addition, they use it for meetings and trainings, etc.

I thought ADA rules only apply to new construction, not preexisting?

**edit** Nevermind, found the answer. http://www.access-board.gov/adaag/about/FAQ.htm#g13

... And you can vote with your dollars.

Which I have... I Love Kings Island, but there down 4 Gold passes this year because we didnt renew. That may be just a splash in the Pan, but the more people they Tick off, the more they might wanna do something to change...

But, did you visit? Once? Twice? If so, they got the same amount of money out of you, didn't they?

Those with money get more. That is life. Is it right? I can't say. But that IS capitalism. That's the whole point. Pursuit of profit is the basis of our economic system. People pay upwards of $200 for a pair of shoes that costs $2.00 to make. No one says thats wrong. In fact, we might think, "good for them!" If people are willing to pay x amount of money for a product or service, why would the seller charge less than x?

People with no money don't go to Kings Island at all.

People will more money than that visit once a year.

People with more than that might buy a pass.

People with still more may buy the Fast Lane tickets.

People with more than that may choose to take their business to Disneyland instead.

People with still more money may take a family vacation to France or England.

And is it wrong for those with the means to visit Disneyland instead of Kings Island to do so? Absolutely not. If you want to get the most of your car, you need to pay extra for a sound system, automatic doors, hands-free starter, etc, and if you have the means to get your car "fully loaded," is that wrong? Is it wrong of you to do it? Wrong of the car manufacturer to offer it? Was it wrong of me to visit Discovery Cove when so many people can't? I don't think so... I had the extra money to pay for that upcharge experience, so I did. It was their right to charge what they saw fit, and mine to choose if I was willing and able to pay it. I was. The idea of the pursuit of profit is that the market regulates itself. If people don't pay $200.00 for the shoes (or $50.00 for the Fast Lane pass), then it won't be that expensive for long... And indeed, we saw that as Kings Island and Cedar Fair adjusted the price weekly to find the balance of what people will pay for.

I say again that I think the major difference here is that so many of us think of Kings Island as a beautiful, loving, emotional place in our lives and feel personally offended by the reminder that it is a business. "We like Son of Beast! Why not fix it?!" It's not that simple, though. They want and need money, and while we may question their methods, it obviously works or they wouldn't do it.

• Like 3

Maybe on cold nights during the Haunt they could set up hot chocolate or hot cider at some of the food stands. For some of us that forget to wear gloves on Diamondback might be willing to pay extra to warm up.

I also would like to see the carousel music restored. They could play the music backwards on one half of the ride to make up for The Racer.

• Like 1

And to add a few things that can be easily fixed.

If they offer passes that are good at all of their parks they should scan at all of their parks. It's pretty annoying to have to go to GR and get refunds for parking because your pass wouldn't scan.

This is just a ongoing wish of mine but I think it would be really cool to pump sump fog into The Beast's tunnels. Or add some cool lighting.

1) Get rid of the metal detectors. They take up too much room and I've only seen them on one day I went to Haunt.

2)Fix the parking lot, it really is destroyed.

3) Remove all blacktop in the park and replace it with coblestones.

4) More, less expensive food options. I honestly stopped buying food from the park due to their prices when McDonalds is right next door,

Maybe on cold nights during the Haunt they could set up hot chocolate or hot cider at some of the food stands. For some of us that forget to wear gloves on Diamondback might be willing to pay extra to warm up.

I also would like to see the carousel music restored. They could play the music backwards on one half of the ride to make up for The Racer.

All the Coke carts that are open during Haunt have hot chocolate during Haunt.

And don't forget there is a Starbucks on I street as well. That serves quite a few hot beverages.

I actually was shocked at how reasonable the prices in said Starbucks were when I went in there this year. It did not strike me as being any more expensive then what I normally pay outside of the park.

Repaving the parking lot would be extremely expensive. Have you ever got a quote to black top just a driveway!

Take out that stupid WIngs buffet and ad a sit down restraunt/sport bar. That could bring in tons of money.

Get rid of that waste of space family dryer right outside of WWC. Im not going to go get wet then pay 5 to stand in a oversided blow drier.

That $5 dryer, from what I could see, was making good money on those cold haunt nights

regarding ADA requirements for Intl. Restaurant- f not mistaken, unless they repurpose the facility for something else, most of the permits can probably be grandfathered in under older regulations. i could be wrong though.

There is no such thing as grandfathering under the ADA. Modifying a facility does bring even stricter requirements, but the requirement of reasonable accommodation applies to places of public accommodation regardless of when the facility was built/designed.

In fact, the requirements become more strict next year. As noted earlier in this thread, Cedar Fair has set aside a significant part of its 2012 capex to modify existing facilities to meet the new requirements.

If they offer passes that are good at all of their parks they should scan at all of their parks. It's pretty annoying to have to go to GR and get refunds for parking because your pass wouldn't scan.

Cedar Fair has really gotten their act together on this. This was actually more of an issue early in the year, but they seemed to have worked out a lot of the kinks at most parks. I went to the following parks in the chain this year:

Dorney (1 visit) - no issues

Kings Dominion (3 visits) - had to go to GR for admission all 3 times, although they did let me in the parking lot even though it didn't scan

Carowinds (2 visits) - no issues

Canada's Wonderland (2 visits) - no issues, particularly noteworthy because this park always presented major challenges in the past

Worlds of Fun (8 visits) - issues during our first four visits (in June) but no issues the last four (in August and September)

Michigan's Adventure (1 visit) - no issues...I went to GR here first and they said that they just had their systems upgraded shortly before our visit

Knotts (2 visits) - no issues

Cedar Point (3 visits) - no issues

Cedar Fair has really gotten their act together on this. This was actually more of an issue early in the year, but they seemed to have worked out a lot of the kinks at most parks. I went to the following parks in the chain this year:

Dorney (1 visit) - no issues

Kings Dominion (3 visits) - had to go to GR for admission all 3 times, although they did let me in the parking lot even though it didn't scan

Carowinds (2 visits) - no issues

Canada's Wonderland (2 visits) - no issues, particularly noteworthy because this park always presented major challenges in the past

Worlds of Fun (8 visits) - issues during our first four visits (in June) but no issues the last four (in August and September)

Michigan's Adventure (1 visit) - no issues...I went to GR here first and they said that they just had their systems upgraded shortly before our visit

Knotts (2 visits) - no issues

Cedar Point (3 visits) - no issues

I have had no issues at all in my visits to KD, Carowinds, and CP this year.

Back on the subject of the ADA, the subject that is most open for debate is what exactly is defined by "reasonable accommodations."

And as an aside, I`m still surprised that most water parks have slide towers that have stairs to get to the top, and almost none of them have any sort of elevator or lift. Granted, some of those slides may not be safe for people with disabilities to enjoy.