Realistic Off-Season Improvement Ideas

IndyGuy4KI

What kind of show would you like to see besides a musical revue, Interpreter? And isn`t Snoopy on Ice, not technically a musical review? Yes, it has songs in it, and the skaters skate to the music, but they are not singing in it.

Too bad the shows can`t return to the quality that they were in the early KECO/Taft days. Escapades anyone?

Well Snoopy on Ice definitely doesn't review musicals! :)

Definitely a table service restaurant. And a final decision on SoB. I don't want it to sit there, if it's not going to be used that land could be used for something else. >_>

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't want to create a new topic for this, so I just decided to put it here. I just passed KI earlier and the entire gold pass parking area has basically been torn out. Almost all the poles are gone and the attendent booth seemed to be missing as well. Makes me wonder if they may be repaving and re-designing the parking lot due to SC expansion. I will try to get a picture tomorrow if I pass.

• Like 1

I didn't want to create a new topic for this, so I just decided to put it here. I just passed KI earlier and the entire gold pass parking area has basically been torn out. Almost all the poles are gone and the attendent booth seemed to be missing as well. Makes me wonder if they may be repaving and re-designing the parking lot due to SC expansion. I will try to get a picture tomorrow if I pass.

We can only hope so. I wonder if this spells the end of Gold pass parking also?

I may sound like a broken record on this but these things are needed in KI,

1. Make the festhaus into a festhaus with german cuisine!

2. Fly or die on the SOB issues..

3. Re Theme parts of the park, RiverTown looks more and more off the more i visit, Adventure Express has some FX work, OktoberFest needs some German feel to it, and the train needs some pruning and some sets refurbished!

Which are all of a need in the KI park and hopefully will be delt with this No Operation season

• 7 years later...

With the addition of a new campground coming in and wolf creek lodge being used as lodging for guests it would be great if KI would partner with local a local college and maybe a company like ABB to rehab and covert the passenger trolleys to hybrid/ solar/ electric operation. With a fairly designed rebuild it would showcase emerging technology and provide a means to get people back and forth to their cars and to distant lodging. It would be a very high visibility project with a lower than most capital outlay. Think of the advertising to be sold on the tug and cars as well. A private path between the park, the lodge, and the campgrounds could be used so the trams would never be on public roads. One of the most fond memories I have of visiting Kings Island as a kid was ro watch how all the different rides actually worked. I think it may be why I chose to become an engineer in my adult life. If there is interest in this please contact me as I would love to play a part in making this happen.

Best Regards,

Tom Hapner

• Like 3