SeaWorld Orlando Announces MAJOR expansions for 2012 & 2013

I had a TON of fun when I visited Sea World Orlando last December. The park is exquisite with landscaping throughout, and just an overall nice park. The crown jewel, at least when I visited was Manta though. A fabulous ride, and exactly how flying coasters were meant to be. I may just have to go back when this new attraction opens in 2013!

They can deal, man!

Will the otters be separated by glass?

Yeah, it will be set-up in the same manner that they did with the sharks in the Grand Reef this year. I got to see artwork for this before I left the company, the entire area looks like it is going to turn out fantastic. They've began working on it essentially the day after the Grand Reef opened in June. Part of the old salt water reef is being filled in to create the new attraction. No changes are being made to Windaway River which encircles the area.

It's nice to see SeaWorld planning a "Potter Swatter" of their own...

The new Antarctica region looks incredible, and finally deals with the last "outdated" area of the park.

What's interesting, to me, is to see the vastly different approach being taken with the different SeaWorld parks.

I got to see artwork for this before I left the company

Well where are we going to get the great inside information from now? Have always enjoyed what you've been able to share on changes occurring in Florida, hopefully you are still down there to get pictures for us and give us advice on our travels.

One of the many justifications I provide myself on why a trip to California is far more practical than one to Florida... Flights to Florida may tend to be less, but as an avid park enthusiast, there's just no reasonable way to deny a trip to Islands of Adventure or SeaWorld or Busch Gardens when I'm so very close... Especially in the next few years, I'll be due for another "mega" trip, since there will be Harry Potter, New Fantasyland, Cheetah Hunt, Antarctica, Freshwater Oasis, and so much more...

Meanwhile, in California, I feel comfortable staying at Disneyland Resort 90% of the time since Universal Studios and their SeaWorld are nearly inaccessible without a deep wallet for transportation, and neither is "updated" as often or intensely as their Floridian counterparts, in my opinion.

• 1 year later...

Latest update with Antarctica. May 24th Grand Opening date. Made a loop around the park last week for Bands, Brews and BBQ...it's looks VERY good over there. Quite a transformation from the very dated Penguin Plaza we were all used to!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/seaworld/os-dewayne-bevil-seaworld-antarctica-20130221,0,7506320.column

Check out the pictures, incredible detail going into the rockwork!

- Todd

• Like 5