Kings Island Inn 70's brochure

standbyme

Here is another item that I purchased recently that just arrived in the mail today. For most of you this will be pretty worthless...but I KNOW there are a few of you who would like to see it. ;)

This is a brochure from the Kings Island Inn. There isn’t a date on it...but it is obviously from the early 70’s.

Whenever my family goes to the park, this is where we stay. Let me say that looking at these photos and the descriptions, the inn is a FAR cry from it’s hey-day. We still enjoy the ease of staying at the inn...but “classy” it is not...functional is a better description of it currently.

I wish I could say that I had stayed in it when it was like this but I can’t. :(

kiia.jpg

kiib.jpg

“It’s courteous staff ready to serve your slightest whim”...boy would they be asking for it today!

kiic.jpg

Oh those busses! :)

kiid.jpg

I love this section of the brochure...judging by the expression on the ladie's face, doesn’t it look like the husband just confessed to having an affair?! (And off to the right in the background, it appears to be Ted Kaczynski in better days.)

• Like 1

I believe Mr. Lindner retained most if not all of the property across the road from the park when his company sold Kings Island and its campground to Paramount on July 31, 1992.

I believe some time after that Mr. Lindner liquidated the hotel. National Content Liquidators handled that:

http://www.nclsales.com/liquidation-sales/past-sales/

I've been looking up reviews out of curiosity for the hotel, and it gets 1/5 stars out of 13 reviews. How can they not renovate it? Apparently the hot water goes off at random times, keys don't open room doors, the doors don't lock, and it is a very dirty place. I can't believe it is still in existence!

I think that the KI resort gets a really bad rap. I've stayed there a few times over the last couple years with no complaints, and I'm really picky.

EDIT....Interpreter, you posted while I was making this post...I wonder if some of these "glitches" may be fixed with the new management?

I've been looking up reviews out of curiosity for the hotel, and it gets 1/5 stars out of 13 reviews. How can they not renovate it? Apparently the hot water goes off at random times, keys don't open room doors, the doors don't lock, and it is a very dirty place. I can't believe it is still in existence!

Somebody must have had an axe to grind that wrote some of that stuff. It is not anywhere that bad. We have stayed there about 5-6 nights a year every year since the campground closed. I have seen a continual decline...but nothing nearly as drastic as that. The "little" thing I notice are mostly how they repair things...kind of sloppy...like over caulking around the tub or toilet.

The only problems that we have had that pop into mind over the last few years:

TV wouldn't work...they brought us a working one.

Refridgerator wasn't that cold...they brought us a working one.

No towels...they sent them right over after we called.

As for dirty, I wouldn't stay somewhere I thought was dirty. The ONLY "really? moment" was on our last visit...the carpet had a stain where it appears a kid spilled their juice. I was surprised they didn't clean it before they let anyone check in.

As for the employees...no problem there. I have never had a rude employee....PLUS the bus drivers bend over backwards to get you there and back tothe park when you want. The oddest time was when I rode the bus over...but walked back to the hotel mid evening.

It wasn't really busy that day...so I guess the driver was keeping track of how many people he was taking over & back. Near the end of the evening my family was riding back on the bus....my sister asked the driver how late he had to work...he said "Well, you are almost my last people to bring back...I just have one more guy over there, then i'm done". My sister described me and he said "Yep, thats the guy i'm missing".

I think THAT'S customer service!

I easily recommend the hotel as long as someone is not expecting a luxury hotel...and speaking of that, I once stayed in a hotel in Chicago that was about $200.00 a night...and something kept scratching me while I was in bed...I reached down to find a big old clipped toenail....i'm guessing they hadn't changed the linen. <_< (So higher prices do not always mean better quality.)

To my knowledge, there is no new management at the Kings Island Resort and Conference Center. The liquidation was well more than 15 years or so ago.

Actually, I meant KI management...

Somebody must have had an axe to grind that wrote some of that stuff. It is not anywhere that bad. We have stayed there about 5-6 nights a year every year since the campground closed. I have seen a continual decline...but nothing nearly as drastic as that. The "little" thing I notice are mostly how they repair things...kind of sloppy...like over caulking around the tub or toilet.

As for dirty, I wouldn't stay somewhere I thought was dirty. The ONLY "really? moment" was on our last visit...the carpet had a stain where it appears a kid spilled their juice. I was surprised they didn't clean it before they let anyone check in.

As for the employees...no problem there. I have never had a rude employee....PLUS the bus drivers bend over backwards to get you there and back tothe park when you want. The oddest time was when I rode the bus over...but walked back to the hotel mid evening.

It wasn't really busy that day...so I guess the driver was keeping track of how many people he was taking over & back. Near the end of the evening my family was riding back on the bus....my sister asked the driver how late he had to work...he said "Well, you are almost my last people to bring back...I just have one more guy over there, then i'm done". My sister described me and he said "Yep, thats the guy i'm missing".

I easily recommend the hotel as long as someone is not expecting a luxury hotel...and speaking of that, I once stayed in a hotel in Chicago that was about $200.00 a night...and something kept scratching me while I was in bed...I reached down to find a big old clipped toenail....i'm guessing they hadn't changed the linen. <_< (So higher prices do not always mean better quality.)

My experiences at the KI resort sound like yours...

I think they thought much of its business would come from the golf course and football hall of fame. As originally conceived, the theme park was just one component of a family entertaient megaplex.
The football hall of fame is in Canton, Ohio.

That's the pro football hall of fame, the College Football Hall of Fame was originally built next to KI after many arguments and hearings and meetings (Jersey boys never know whats good for them) but failed. The College Football Hall of Fame was then moved to South Bend In. but is set to move to Atlanta in 2013.

Oh, gross. I think I'd rather sleep in my escape than deal with that.