Kingsisland.com is down

Diamondback96

Visitkingsisland.com is only so odd because it's so difficult to advertise. Imagine the radio ad: "Visit visit Kings Island dot com for more information!"

Thinking outside the box: they can simply use: "visit us at www.visitkingsisland.com", "find us at www.visitkingsisland.com", "click on www.visitkingsisland.com for more information" etc., etc.

While using "www." maybe old, it can easily solve this minor problem.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that some people and companies buy URL names hoping that someone will want to buy it from them at a later date and give them a substantial amount for it. I know of one person who has made quite a bit of money doing this. Not sure if this is the case for kingsisland.com when KI lost the Paramount name? Maybe CF was not willing to pay the price for the URL?

I agree that shorter names the better, but with Google and any other favorite search engines at your fingertips I am not so sure it is much as a big deal any more? Most of the time for me if I don't already know the URL Google is my stop and sometimes if I am already at Google, I might use it instead. I hardly ever bookmark a page any longer.

^ My main reasoning for liking shorter url's is our mobile centric world now. The less typing i have to do on my touch screen the better. Even if i go to google, I still have to type out "Kings Island", where as ki.com is three button presses (for those wondering my phone has a ".com" button)

It's because, until very recently, www.kingsisland.com was the web address for a completely different company. This topic was created when that website mysteriously vanished, the idea being that maybe the domain name is available and that Cedar Fair should buy it.

It's because, until very recently, www.kingsisland.com was the web address for a completely different company. This topic was created when that website mysteriously vanished, the idea being that maybe the domain name is available and that Cedar Fair should buy it.

Yeah, they should buy it. I do remember once I went to www.kingsisland.com and it was a completely different company! I forget what it was though.

Yeah, they should buy it. I do remember once I went to www.kingsisland.com and it was a completely different company! I forget what it was though.

It was Kings Island, haha. Whatever company it was, I'm not sure why it was called Kings Island in the first place.