Halloween Haunt 2012 Ideas

CoasterGeek101

Or probaly hard to do but a trip to another planet with mutated aliens would be cool.

The way I'm thinking of, it wouldn't be all that difficult to do. The simplest idea is to have a Vortex tunnel like the one in CarnEvil designed as a makeshift portal to another world. A more complex, yet more remarkable, idea would be to re-utilize the drop floor from Urgent Scare as the interior of a spaceship making an emergency landing, complete with TV screens depicting what one would see outside the ship.

I agree about the Terror of London. I saw a Youtube clip of a walkthrough of Knotts' Terror of London maze and the attention to detail in the maze was just stunning. I actually felt like I was really there in London during the Victorian era and that's just from watching the Youtube video. I would love to actually experience it firsthand. With the way Cedar Fair has taken a "boilerplate" approach in regards to adding rides to their parks and naming attractions (ie: installing WindSeeker in all of their parks, naming all the waterparks Soak City), you would think that Cedar Fair would have the same mazes in all of their parks.

Anyways, this may be a little off topic, but I wish and hope that they put the Phantom Theater figures together up on the stage again, like they did a couple of years ago. That was so awesome and a pretty eerie scene all the same. I wonder who I could contact to petition that they do this again? They probably wouldn't give me the time of day, but I'd love to tell them how much I enjoyed it and ask if they could do create that scene again.

As far as new mazes go, it would be cool if they could create a maze in the Boo Blasters building. Like basically just supplementing the ride itself with a bunch of scareactors, adding some more props, things like that. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember them having a maze down below the Eiffel Tower when they first started doing Fear Fest? I think that would be cool also. It would also be cool if they did a maze where the good old fashioned monsters like Frankenstein, Wolfman, the Mummy and Dracula roamed together. Something with puppets would be cool too if done the right way. I'll never forget seeing the old Twilight Zone episode with the vantriliquist puppet that talked. Scared me to death as a kid and still gives me chills to this day, lol.

I think they should replace cut throat cove with a Terror of London haunt. That haunt was bad and was simply not scary. I think that Terror of London would go perfect there because it's already in a city type theme. I would also think that wolf pack would go well in the bumper cars if Kings Island were to do something with Son of Beast. I would love to see another trail near white water caynon and like everyone else would like to see a doll maze. I could see Kings Island using congo falls station and cornstalkers old laction as a indoor/outdoor haunt.

I think they should replace cut throat cove with a Terror of London haunt. That haunt was bad and was simply not scary. I think that Terror of London would go perfect there because it's already in a city type theme. I would also think that wolf pack would go well in the bumper cars if Kings Island were to do something with Son of Beast. I would love to see another trail near white water caynon and like everyone else would like to see a doll maze. I could see Kings Island using congo falls station and cornstalkers old laction as a indoor/outdoor haunt.

Not scary? That's kinda odd since most everyone i seen go though it was screaming. Even grown men were. The only bad part was a few of the gp who went though it was telling people where everyone was. And some got balled out for doing stuff that was against the rules of the park.

Not scary? That's kinda odd since most everyone i seen go though it was screaming. Even grown men were. The only bad part was a few of the gp who went though it was telling people where everyone was. And some got balled out for doing stuff that was against the rules of the park.

When i went through very few of the scare actors apeared to be trying this could be because it was the last night but overall i felt it was the least scariest and it was the shortest.

When i went through very few of the scare actors apeared to be trying this could be because it was the last night but overall i felt it was the least scariest and it was the shortest.

The minors have to leave at a certin time.

The minors have to leave at a certain time.

Which is one of the things actively hurting the event, the other (IMHO) being Haunt being free with admission and drawing larger, rowdier crowds. I'm under the assumption a fairly large portion of the monsters are under the age of 18, which leaves a majority of the houses understaffed at the end of any given night (or even in the middle of the night). The Island should go the route of the Farm by raising the age limit to 18 for Haunt.

The minors have to leave at a certain time.

Which is one of the things actively hurting the event, the other (IMHO) being Haunt being free with admission and drawing larger, rowdier crowds. I'm under the assumption a fairly large portion of the monsters are under the age of 18, which leaves a majority of the houses understaffed at the end of any given night (or even in the middle of the night). The Island should go the route of the Farm by raising the age limit to 18 for Haunt.

They have to be a EOE.

Minors don't have to clock out by a specific time on Friday and Saturday, just Sunday (since they have school the next day). That's why there's no Haunt on Sunday and the park closes at 8pm.