Halloween Haunt 2012 Ideas

CoasterGeek101

Or probaly hard to do but a trip to another planet with mutated aliens would be cool.

For some reason Mysteria comes immediately to mind. :lol:

I'm under the assumption a fairly large portion of the monsters are under the age of 18, which leaves a majority of the houses understaffed at the end of any given night (or even in the middle of the night).

That's one great thing about the staff we had in Slaughter House. Very few minors, so very few people required to be gone throughout the night.

^ I doubt many 18 years old would be willing to work for min. wage though.

Most of us 18+ Haunt workers don't rely on Haunt as our sole income, and TombraiderTy is correct that it does actually pay more than minimum wage.

When you've actually worked at a haunted house scaring people, you'll realize it's not the money that makes you enjoy your job. There are those that would do it for free if given the option.

That is so true. I do it because I love it, and the majority of people I know from Haunt feel the same way. It's the most fun I've ever had at a job, and I would do it for free (just don't tell my KI bosses, or Mrs. Gator for that matter, who definitely doesn't mind me being gone those October weekends as long as I'm getting paid for my time). :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Which is one of the things actively hurting the event, the other (IMHO) being Haunt being free with admission and drawing larger, rowdier crowds. I'm under the assumption a fairly large portion of the monsters are under the age of 18, which leaves a majority of the houses understaffed at the end of any given night (or even in the middle of the night). The Island should go the route of the Farm by raising the age limit to 18 for Haunt.

Minors don't have to clock out by a specific time on Friday and Saturday, just Sunday (since they have school the next day). That's why there's no Haunt on Sunday and the park closes at 8pm.

Yes they do. We had ours gone at 12:30 am.

Minors don't have to clock out by a specific time on Friday and Saturday, just Sunday (since they have school the next day). That's why there's no Haunt on Sunday and the park closes at 8pm.

Yes they do. We had ours gone at 12:30 am.

From http://com.ohio.gov/...s_MLLPoster.pdf

No person 16 or 17 who is required to attend school shall be employed:

1. Before 7 a.m. on any day that school is in session or 6 a.m. if the person was not employed after 8 p.m. the previous night

2. After 11 p.m. on any night preceding a day that school is in session.

So no, on Fridays and Saturdays minors do not need to be clocked out by a certain time. Unless, of course, they are getting close to the end of their five hours (since minors can't work more than 5 hours without a 30 minute break).

REST PERIOD: No employer shall employ a minor more than 5 consecutive hours without a rest period of at least 30 minutes.

Our minors in Slaughter House worked until the end of the night. As long as the supervisor times the breaks correctly, there's no reason a minor cannot work until the end of the night for Haunt.

• 3 weeks later...

^ LOL. Unfortunately, I think that Kings Island should be a separately ticketed event. I feel that if they had more money, than they could make every attraction better. They should really get into it like Knotts does. However, for the haunt fans, a season pass would be nice.

Reason why its a Separate admission is for one Knotts is a much smaller park and they don't get the season pass numbers that Kings Island gets. 2 haunt at Knotts is FAR better than KIs haunt puts it to shame!! the scare actors actually SCARE YOU!!!

• Like 1

I remember a time when FearFest (as it was once called) WAS a separate entry fee. If I recall correctly, IF you had a day ticket, it was an add-on price, (maybe $9.99, maybe $14.99?), if no day ticket, you paid full price (either $19.99 or $24.99). And no, season pass holders did NOT get the add-on price. Now, this is from my foggy memory, so don't rip me to shreds if I am wrong on details, but I do very clearly recall having to pay a separate fee for FearFest, back in the beginning days. And, judging from what I recall, I think the logistical nightmare of getting everyone out of the park by 6 so the people wanting to go to FearFest could get in at 7 (or 8) probably led, in part, to the combined entry fee.

^ LOL. Unfortunately, I think that Kings Island should be a separately ticketed event. I feel that if they had more money, than they could make every attraction better. They should really get into it like Knotts does. However, for the haunt fans, a season pass would be nice.

Reason why its a Separate admission is for one Knotts is a much smaller park and they don't get the season pass numbers that Kings Island gets. 2 haunt at Knotts is FAR better than KIs haunt puts it to shame!! the scare actors actually SCARE YOU!!!

That, and the park seems a lot more quiet in general in the daytime that time of year. The weekdays I attended the park non-Haunt hours, it was really really quiet where every ride was a walk-on. So emptying the park was almost...nothing.

^That's actually not a bad idea at all. Play on the real ghost stories of Kings Island in the Halloween Haunt. Note to KingsislandPR ;)

That's actually been done. Well...kind of...sorta. Tombstone 2009 they incorperated a KI ghost into the backstory of the attraction. (little girl in blue dress!) I don't have the slightest idea if they still do it, though.

Urgent Scare is quite vague on describing what its monsters actually are. I liken them more to the infected from the game Left 4 Dead than straight up zombies, although, really, US is essentially one big nod to said game itself, as one of the game's campaigns, No Mercy, takes place in a hospital. That said, an extension of the attraction or a brand new one taking place in a small town (like Virus Z or even The Scarehouse's Pittsburgh Zombies) would be really neat.

• Like 1

I would like to see a "Walking Dead" type of haunt. that would be cool . And I agree with "bonks" about the school or camp type of attraction. Maybe even a classic monster mix haunted house.

Husband's still pushing for the Breaking Bad Haunt. Come to think of it, they already have "Hell on Wheels" with the train gig. What's next, Mad Men, the Advertising Agency Gone Awry?

• Like 1

I would like to see a "Walking Dead" type of haunt. that would be cool . And I agree with "bonks" about the school or camp type of attraction. Maybe even a classic monster mix haunted house.

Husband's still pushing for the Breaking Bad Haunt. Come to think of it, they already have "Hell on Wheels" with the train gig. What's next, Mad Men, the Advertising Agency Gone Awry?

hahahah :) you know what i mean , was just making a comparison as to what i was talking about . I dont think we should actually do the walking dead itself but something like it. zombies in general.

• Like 1