Halloween Haunt 2012 Ideas

CoasterGeek101

How about General Zombies? Or Major Zombies? Private Zombies?

Terp, who had better stop before he gets to Rear Admiral Zombie....oops!

......Im not well liked here am I

?..........nevermind.

Nothing of the kind! 'twas only a Terpy attempt at a joke. Your idea is a good one, generally (and General Lee) and specifically!

• Like 1

How about General Zombies? Or Major Zombies? Private Zombies?

Terp, who had better stop before he gets to Rear Admiral Zombie....oops!

......Im not well liked here am I

?..........nevermind.

Nothing of the kind! 'twas only a Terpy attempt at a joke. Your idea is a good one, generally (and General Lee) and specifically!

Good show man ! well done ! :) thanks terp.

• 2 weeks later...

407181_3152992709760_1413420058_33321571_1707920543_n.jpg

I snapped this picture this afternoon passing Kings Island...looks like they're testing the fog machines a bit early :D

I actually took a shot of my screen a while back of the webcams, the park was covered in fog (and WS was just peeking out of the top).

I would like to see a toy factory type maze though, the one at Cedar Point aswell as Carowinds both amazed me by how much you can do with some dolls and broken toys.

Urgent Scare is quite vague on describing what its monsters actually are. I liken them more to the infected from the game Left 4 Dead than straight up zombies, although, really, US is essentially one big nod to said game itself, as one of the game's campaigns, No Mercy, takes place in a hospital. That said, an extension of the attraction or a brand new one taking place in a small town (like Virus Z or even The Scarehouse's Pittsburgh Zombies) would be really neat.

Actually, Urgent Scare's story for the first 3 years was a small town that got infected by the "virus". You had to go through the hospital and the National Guard to get your inoculation. :) This year they lost the "small town" part and went with just the hospital.

KSF's Virus Z was essentially a nod to US, taking on more of the small town story. :)

Edited by TrainedBeast
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like for the once used for Corn Stalkers area to be used for some apocalypse waste land attraction, for the BBonBH to be an actual haunt (like i dont know maybe Phantom Theater?), and for the "RIP" Crypt to be some sort of actual crypt attraction.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this topic!!!!!!!

Personally I think Urgent Scare needs to be revamped. Since the best parts of the maze have been taken away, what a perfect time to turn it into a true zombie lab (Resident Evil esk) Put up plexiglass as doors to quarantined areas. Have frantic lab workers rushing to get peeps out. Oh yeah get rid of those stupid mask. This would cost a little money but I don't know anyone that wouldn't agree the inside of Urgent scare did not need a remodel.

Next a little change to Massacre Manor. I have always loved the layout of this haunt but never really cared for the Cary concept. I think this would make the perfect Doll house or a marionette maze with the puppet master in the final room on a balcony ala the enterance to Phantom Theatre.

A great haunt to focus on the little girl in the blue dress could be done in IR. This could be done while having that wonderful upcharge dinner they do up there. Simply by having the wait staff dress in time period close to serve. Throughout the dinner have a little girls voice play softly over the speaker saying "have you seen my mommy? I cant find my mommy." Then toward the end of the dinner have a little girl skipping through IR progressively getting more violent asking what guest did with her mommy.

I can not wait to see what is going into the Crypt. I kinda hope they keep the theme in there and do like a miners stuck in a mine type deal with the guest walking over them or something like that.

Those are just some of my whacked out thoughts

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Cedar Point did an asylum haunt last year, and it was one of their weakest ones. Basically a bunch of people rocking back and forth while moaning, and a (very) few that screamed at you. I went on opening weekend so it may have gotten better as the weeks progressed, but it wasn't very good in comparison to Happy Jack's and Eerie Estates.

• Like 1

Guest TombraiderTy

Kings Island used to have an Asylum haunted house too. The attraction opened in 2001 as Maze of Madness (although it was originally to be called The Morgue, prior to sensitivity concerns) and was renamed to The Asylum 2006 before becoming Death Row the following year. It was then yet again renamed/rethemed, this time in 2011 to "Mysteria".

Guest TombraiderTy

I'd love to see a new comedy show inside International Showplace, similar or identical to Knott's Berry Farm's "The Hanging". The Hanging mocks all things pop culture and ends with the hanging of a pop culture icon, such as Justin Bieber or the like. It's very offensive and raunchy, but definitely something I think most Haunt visitors would appreciate. You can check out all of last year's show below:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The concepts here deal with the attraction being separated into three acts, much like your average film, with each act comprising of 3-4 "scenes", so to speak.

Pandorum: Shares the same name of the film, but is based more off the game Dead Space 2. Think Titanic meets a zombie/alien outbreak, and set it in space, and you get the picture of what this maze is about. Act one starts in a spaceport with a tunnel connecting to a giant space cruise ship, which you end up boarding. Prior to entering the ship, you think everything's all hunky-dory with monitors playing a spiel about your vacation aboard the ship. Once you board, however, it's clear that this is not the dream vacation you were expecting to have. The rest of the first act deals with the opening moments of the outbreak, with more attention being paid to the ensuing chaos and less to what is actually CAUSING the chaos. That is, until the last scene where you get your first glimpse of a monster and are rushed into act two, which is the inner workings of the ship. These are the utilitarian areas compared to the normal guest areas of the ship (Main Street USA versus Backstage Disneyland), and things have slowed down quite a bit. Much darker environments, and made to instill fear of the unknown and your surroundings. The third act thrusts you back into the chaos and has the last of whatever security members on board fighting the monsters and you being caught in the cross-hairs.

The Dollhouse: The name alone says what the maze is about, but this concept is a bit different from what one would expect. Movies like Dead Silence, House of Wax, and Child's Play are inspiration, along with mazes like Happy Jack's Toy Factory and the Scary Farm's Doll Factory. The first act starts in a toy shoppe and leads to a doll/mannequin factory that sits behind it. The second act is the inner workings of said factory, with heavy emphasis on the particularly gruesome process behind creating life-sized dolls. Examples include ripping out a spine while making a ventriloquist dummy, lowering someone into a vat of wax, and draining blood out of bodies. The third act sort of reprises the scene from Doll Factory by going into a massive doll house, but you don't know it until almost the very end. The finale is a shot down a hallway with windows on one side, and on the other side of one of them is a giant eye peeking in, the giggling of a young girl ringing through the hall. At the end of the hall is a door that swings open and a giant human hand reaches out to grab you.

8: Spiders. Not the cheap dollar store variety, either. Painstaking amounts of detail to make them look and move like the real deal. Eight Legged Freaks minus the comedic elements. The first act starts in a cabin home covered in cobwebs. The owners are not to be found, but a trail leads out the back and into the woods. Normal-sized small spiders dot the cabin, but it's clear that the threat is much bigger, as the webbing stretches across furniture and such. The trail leads to act two which is a dark, dank cave. Hints that there are monster-sized arachnids start to come into fruition, like molted skins appendages strewn about and various prey wrapped up. A leg might pop in and out off in the distance to indicate you are not alone. One key scene is a victim laying prone in front of guests, wrapped up in webbing from the waist down, with her hand as if to grab out for help. Suddenly, she is yanked back into the darkness by a spider (who you don't see) and spits at the audience. Shadows of spiders are now more prevalent, and a spider rears up and screeches in the next scene to kick off the third act, where all hell breaks loose. Now you actually get to see them in their full glory and all around you, including a scene in which you believe you are back in the forest with tree trunks all around you. However, it's clear they aren't tree trunks as they start to move up and down, forcing you to look up and notice you are standing right underneath one. The finale is simple, but effective, as you finally come face-to-face with one crawling up to you and stopping mere inches from your face.

• Like 4

Cedar Point did an asylum haunt last year, and it was one of their weakest ones. Basically a bunch of people rocking back and forth while moaning, and a (very) few that screamed at you. I went on opening weekend so it may have gotten better as the weeks progressed, but it wasn't very good in comparison to Happy Jack's and Eerie Estates.

to reiterate, too much c-r-a-z-y & not enough CrAzY!!1!

• 3 weeks later...

The idea of a demented doll factory has always creeped me out, I would love to see that! For some reason these button eyes have always given me the heebie jeebies.

http://www.darkinthedark.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/button-eyes-paul-pape.jpg

One idea I've had is to put an old beat-up doll body under someone's head (much like Slaughter House does in one scene) and control the arms and legs of the doll with wires or some fine electronic work. :-) The "doll" could yell things such as, "Get out! Now, before it's too late!" Also, using fully-covering black contacts could be pretty neat in dark areas. The person wearing them could sit on a table lifelessly and wake up touching his/her face and say something along the lines of, "My eyes! Oh my god, my eyes!"

Once you get to the toy maker's lab, you see body parts and blood everywhere. An open refrigerator reveals several Saran wrapped body parts. They could put flickering lights in the ceiling and make the room look/smell generally disgusting. I believe this would be a good place to stage a "story", much like they do at Haunted Hoochie and Land of Illusion. The doors all shut suddenly, and the toy maker enters behind you. (there could be several spots for him to come through, so he always ends up behind you.) A person laying on the lab table is revealed with an exposed heart and cotton all around it and stuck all over his body. (this can be done with pump-able fake heart and a lot of prosthetics for an open chest.) The toy maker does something to "shock" the victim and his heart begins to beat again. Heart beat sound effects are played at this time. The person freaks out and he has button eyes, his mouth is stitched shut, and his internal organs are all on the table next to him. Then, the door opens.

Just a few ideas that I thought I'd share. :-) I love Halloween Haunt and everything about it, I'm so excited to be there on the 21st! By the way, I'm new to KICentral, so if the picture link doesn't work, please forgive me. :-)