Should PKI bring back the Smurf Ride?

TopThrillDragster

For some reason, I just don`t see the little blue critters making their return to PKI in the near future. While there may be a resurgence soon, with a movie and new cartoon reportedly on the way, I still think PKI will focus on Nickelodeon cartoon tie ins instead of an old HB tie in.

Does anybody not remember how annoying those little things are?

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

and i def. think Smurfette is way way to "easy"

one smurf girl...............so many little smurf boys.

Yeah. if they come back, don't expect me to be jumping for joy.

Personally, I'd like if we go the HB route, A SPACEGHOST Coaster.

Does anybody not remember how annoying those little things are?

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

and i def. think Smurfette is way way to "easy"

one smurf girl...............so many little smurf boys.

Yeah. if they come back, don't expect me to be jumping for joy.

Personally, I'd like if we go the HB route, A SPACEGHOST Coaster.

No ,but I know how annoying Old bears can be.....

What if the new Smurf Cartoon does end up on Nick?

I dunno if Paramount did get the rights I Think we will see them one way or another.

I remember riding the smurf ride. Mostly I remember the station, which is now the station for TopCat`s Taxi Jam. I also remember the part inside the ride in which the boats went up on the conveyor belt and out of the water. The only other thing I remember about the smurf ride was the curtain at the end that would raise up and down between boats at the end to keep out the daylight from the inside.

I was never really able to ride the Smurf ride, as I lived out of the area for most of the "smurf years." I did love the HB voyage that was there before it, though. That ride just blew my little childhood mind. If the Smurfs were anywhere as elaborate, th ride must have been just as incredible.

Yes that ride was awsome its one of my fav Dark Rides..besides SDATHC and the Haunted Masion at WDW,Tower of Terror WDW..I loved how it went though out the seasons of the year Christmas..Halloween...I really miss it I was destroyed when they took it out for PT.I think that the Smurfs will be back I mean a lot of people LOVE them here in the US.

My friend owns a Tatto parlor and he gets a least 3 people everyday who wants a Tatto of a smurf.

Also if PKI and Paramount are smart they will take in the Smurfs Return and make the most out of it even if there isnt a Smurf Ride or Smurf Characters Iam sure the Rock Shop will sell Smurf Merch.and get Smurf Plushies to win at the games in PKI

My nephew loves the smurfs and the flintstones thats all he will watch on boomerRang we collect smurf pvc's together.great to know a 2 year old loves the little blue people.

To fill everyone in on how the smurfs look in there New cartoon and movie...When I seen the promo pictures they looked a lot like pixar did the new series and Movie they are fleshed out in 3D and so is there World.Gargamel and Azrael look very cool Gargamel looks like a real Human..Azreal looks like the CGI garfield but with a twist very cool stuff...you will see more of them soon.

So everyone be on a lookout at your local Malls or stores The Smurfs are back with a Vengence.

Yes that ride was awsome its one of my fav Dark Rides..besides SDATHC and the Haunted Masion at WDW,Tower of Terror WDW..I loved how it went though out the seasons of the year Christmas..Halloween...I really miss it I was destroyed when they took it out for PT.I think that the Smurfs will be back I mean a lot of people LOVE them here in the US.

My friend owns a Tatto parlor and he gets a least 3 people everyday who wants a Tatto of a smurf.

Also if PKI and Paramount are smart they will take in the Smurfs Return and make the most out of it even if there isnt a Smurf Ride or Smurf Characters Iam sure the Rock Shop will sell Smurf Merch.and get Smurf Plushies to win at the games in PKI

My nephew loves the smurfs and the flintstones thats all he will watch on boomerRang we collect smurf pvc's together.great to know a 2 year old loves the little blue people.

To fill everyone in on how the smurfs look in there New cartoon and movie...When I seen the promo pictures they looked a lot like pixar did the new series and Movie they are fleshed out in 3D and so is there World.Gargamel and Azrael look very cool Gargamel looks like a real Human..Azreal looks like the CGI garfield but with a twist very cool stuff...you will see more of them soon.

So everyone be on a lookout at your local Malls or stores The Smurfs are back with a Vengence.

Cool if Azrael does look like a CGI Garfield that movie and new cartoon will Rule.Iam sure the Smurfs comeback will be huge. ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

The only way that Hannah Barberra Land to expand would be for the characters to make a come back on TV, similar to the Smurfs. So far as I know, there are no plans for that. I do agree with Return of Yogi on one point...one Smurf girl and a gang of Smurf boys. Sounds like Smurfette would be real busy! tongue.gif

The only way that Hannah Barberra Land to expand would be for the characters to make a come back on TV, similar to the Smurfs.  So far as I know, there are no plans for that.  I do agree with Return of Yogi on one point...one Smurf girl and a gang of Smurf boys.  Sounds like Smurfette would be real busy! tongue.gif

Smurfette was made by Gargamel..so he could have her Destroy Smurf Village and kidnap the smurfs and there isnt 1 smurf girl there was in the american cartoon but in the REAL cartoon & Comic there are 5 smurf girls and they live a magical Forest where storks bring the Smurfs babies ,smurfs never age...and The Smurfs are made out of Clay by a Kind Wizard named Homnibus so they dont reproduce you SICKOS! mad.gifdry.gifsad.gif

Hey Dragonlord Nice Picture it looks like the same exact Smurfs we had at KI before Paramount took over.

Yeah Some Pics of the Ride would be cool.

The Smurfs Comeback will be Huge like scooby said I didnt have the chance to see the Promo Pictures but I hear they are very cool looking I hear Azrael is Very cool looking,Gargamel I hear looks like a Real Human.

I think The Smurfs will be PKI as Merch,Paramount is too busy adding Nick Characters..Even I dont really Like Nick...I miss the old Characters like Snagglepuss,Yogi Bear, BOO-BOO,Fred Flintstone,Barney Rubble,Papa Smurf etc..

Does PKI still have the Smurf Character costums? huh.gif

Oh yeah, wasn't there a baby Smurf in the cartoon? Who was responsible for that one? laugh.gif . Anyway, I was only kidding...I think the Smurfs will return as merhcandise and the walk around characters. But, who knows, if it catches on and stays a few years, we may see another Smurf themed ride. BTW, where is this REAL cartoon that we apparently never saw? Just curious.

London...The U.K....France...Germany Yup over there thats were the REAL cartoon and Comics are. I agree I think The Smurfs will Return Merch wise at PKI and maybe walkaround Characters...The Smurfs over in the countries metioned above are On Nick and they are HIGHLY popular among kids ages 2-17!!! and Adults 18-55. Over there thats the only Cartoon that has Spongebob and the Fairly OddParents Beat.

All I gotta say is The Smurfs have always been MEGA popular and yes the smurfs have always been on Nick over in England plus I think the smurfs will be way more popluar than spongebob when the new cartoon is out it will appeal to both kids and adults the new cartoon is awsome looking think shrek now instead of shrek and company replace them with the smurfs and Gargamel and Azrael...cool eh!?

we will hear more about it when the licensing show comes June 10-12 .

The Smurfs were huge in PKI if there is one passion I have besides Scooby,and Coasters its smurfs.

take care Ya'll

Does anyone know if the new Smurf cartoon will in fact be on Nickelodeon or if the new movie will be carried by Paramount? I heard that it was going to be carried by New Line Cinema. The only information I`ve seen on the web points to New Line Cinema and not Paramount. If Paramount/Viacom scored the Smurfs, it could signal their return in some shape or form to the park at some point in time.

Ok to clear up all this confusion about Smurfs Return,

I seen the promo Photos last month and I was blown away they look like they are real live living cretures. Gargamel looks like a human,Azrael (Gargamels Cat) looks something along the lines of the CGI Garfield but more skinnier and more demented looking over all he looked like a real cat. The New Cartoon is way better than I expected there cute,cuddly and 2D in a 3D world.

Paramount scored the rights to air the New Cartoon on there network starting Spring 2005 from what I have read and heard BUT in the Fall it will air on Cartoon Network aswell.

New Line Is expected to carry the Movie to theaters Holiday 2005.

Paramount and New Line(which is a divison of The WB) Have Binding contracts

So The Smurfs are coming..The Merch is gonna hit the US hard to make an Impact so far I have seen planned are...Smurf Plushies,Smurf Bedroom Set,

Smurf BathSet,Smurf tattos,Smurf Posters,Smurf Action Figures,Smurf Smurfberry candy,Smurf Dinnerware sets,and Burger King will be a major player when the movie is released they will have toys based on the new movie and from what I have Heard a Smurfberry Icee.

So I hope this helps

Scooby

Ok to clear up all this confusion about Smurfs Return,

I seen the promo Photos last month and I was blown away they look like they are real live living cretures. Gargamel looks like a human,Azrael (Gargamels Cat) looks something along the lines of the CGI Garfield but more skinnier and more demented looking over all he looked like a real cat. The New Cartoon is way better than I expected there cute,cuddly and 2D in a 3D world.

Paramount scored the rights to air the New Cartoon on there network starting Spring 2005 from what I have read and heard BUT in the Fall it will air on Cartoon Network aswell.

New Line Is expected to carry the Movie to theaters Holiday 2005.

Paramount and New Line(which is a divison of The WB) Have Binding contracts

So The Smurfs are coming..The Merch is gonna hit the US hard to make an Impact so far I have seen planned are...Smurf Plushies,Smurf Bedroom Set,

Smurf BathSet,Smurf tattos,Smurf Posters,Smurf Action Figures,Smurf Smurfberry candy,Smurf Dinnerware sets,and Burger King will be a major player when the movie is released they will have toys based on the new movie and from what I have Heard a Smurfberry Icee.

So I hope this helps

Scooby

Leave it to ol scoob to get things right!

Sounds like the new cartoon is wicked!

I would mind seeing the smurfs back in PKI hey Iam sure more people would to take there kids to see the smurfs and to see them for themeselves

Yogi Yogi Yogi

Dont you know that back in the Smurfs Heyday the cartoon won an emmy for Childrens entertainment

I really do think that The New Smurf Cartoon will be Bigger than Spongebob.

Why... Because I seen what it looked like and I must say its gorgeous the 2D Smurfs look awsome the 3D world is fricking sweet The whole Smurf world has been updated for more modern feel.Plus it has more of Kiddy feel to it and it will appeal to a lot of kids.

The Merch they have Planned is HUGE Everything from Toothbrushs to BedSheets

I think people are gonna love the new cartoon Its 2D its cute,cuddly and its fun their are plenty of people out there who are gonna go crazy over this

I guess we will see when the Cartoon premires Next Spring

smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Nice going!

Thats the same poster/banner from the press meeting they had in NY but they had other ones they had Papa smurf and smurfette and a few others just like that in 3D.

Iam glad you posted that now people can see what were talking about.

SCOOBY-DOO!

• 12 years later...