Cedar Point.. Opening Day PTR May 14,2011

kingsrattler

Now that it is the off season, and there is no more riding coasters and eating elephant ears, I have time for my other hobby: digitally developing all of the images I have taken this summer. This past weekend i finally was able to get to my Opening day pictures. I am going to go ahead and post some of the pictures I took, and later this week I will add the events of the day, which was maybe one of my most memorable days at Cedar Point. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures, and be sure to check back later for the TR.

_DSC0267-37.jpg

(This ladder has special significance to Mrs. Kingsrattler and I that I will explain in my trip report later.)

_DSC0272-38.jpg

You have to love Cedar Point's Midway Arcade

_DSC0279-39.jpg

_DSC0292-40.jpg

Coaster's Fries sign was having some issues

_DSC0215-31.jpg

_DSC0212-29.jpg

_DSC0208-28.jpg

Everyone decided they wanted to groove along with the Johnny Rockets crew

_DSC0075-6.jpg

_DSC0056-3.jpg

_DSC0108-11.jpg

I havnt been to Cedar Point since 2005 :(

I think my last trip was 2010, might have been 2009. Maverick was awesome. What I thought was weird is the shortest lne was Magnum, like it the middle of the day. It had a walk-on, and I expected a decent line. Does Magnum usually have a short wait? Because other rides were long waits, like TTD 1 hour, MF 1 hour, and Maverick 2 hours.

I havnt been to Cedar Point since 2005 :(

I think my last trip was 2010, might have been 2009. Maverick was awesome. What I thought was weird is the shortest lne was Magnum, like it the middle of the day. It had a walk-on, and I expected a decent line. Does Magnum usually have a short wait? Because other rides were long waits, like TTD 1 hour, MF 1 hour, and Maverick 2 hours.

Yeah. When I was there in June of this year, Magnum was a walk-on or near walk-on the whole week. Granted, other major rides had relatively short waits due to the crappy weather (TTD 30 min. avg., Maverick 20 min. avg., MF 30 min avg.), but Magnum was always a walk-on for some seats, and never more than a three-train wait for any seat that I saw.