A Dream Of A Park

The Interpreter

Guest KingsIslandPR

I have such great memories of Coney Island. My parents took my brother, sister and I there several times each summer including the last day the park was open on September 6, 1971. The Kangaroo ride was one of my favorites!

Amazing video. The narrator really is a great story teller, he puts excitement into this piece.

I never got to visit Coney Island, but I did get to visit Kings Island early on in the parks history.

What year did Coney Island close?

I never got to go, either. I used to get a Summerfair shirt from a friend every year, but never went.

• 2 weeks later...

As The Interpreter stated, Coney Island is still alive and well. The park opens for the 2012 season on Saturday, May 26th. While there aren`t many big coasters like Kings Island has, it still is a nice little park with a very fun atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit. And the fireworks and activities on July 3rd for the balloon glow are simply amazing! Hard to believe that the balloon glow is in its 13th season this year. It was in its third year when I started working at Coney in 2002!

As The Interpreter stated, Coney Island is still alive and well. The park opens for the 2012 season on Saturday, May 26th. While there aren`t many big coasters like Kings Island has, it still is a nice little park with a very fun atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit. And the fireworks and activities on July 3rd for the balloon glow are simply amazing! Hard to believe that the balloon glow is in its 13th season this year. It was in its third year when I started working at Coney in 2002!

makes you wonder where the past ten years went, dont it?