Anything new for 2012

ConeyKing

• 3 weeks later...

Coney will not be getting anything new of any significance in 2012. However, the former Pipeline Plunge will be getting some TLC, after not operating in 2011. It will be renamed, and instead of using inner tubes to slide down, riders will slide down head first on mats, similar to the racing slide at Kings Island`s water park.

Hopefully, bigger things will come to Coney in 2013!

• 3 weeks later...

Tanned warthog carried in WWII war plane grows thumbs, steals keys from Portuguese-speaking labrador retriever guard, unlocks cage, leaps out of plane, pulls parachute just in time over Venezuela, catches a tail wind, flies to Ohio, falls squarely on the shoulders of one Mr. Richard Kinzel, who stands, then says without a moment of hesitation, "Now that's a Golden Parachute."

Possible not likely.

Coney will not be getting anything new of any significance in 2012. However, the former Pipeline Plunge will be getting some TLC, after not operating in 2011. It will be renamed, and instead of using inner tubes to slide down, riders will slide down head first on mats, similar to the racing slide at Kings Island`s water park.

Hopefully, bigger things will come to Coney in 2013!

I personally am very surprised Pipeline Plunge is being renamed. What's to be done with that 'pop' shanty the park payed good money for not long ago...

The pool foreman had to deal with that last season after most announcements. We've got the Scream Machine and the Scream Machine

Lovely.

Well, to be honest, the "Coney Has it" song has been around since about 2005 or 2006 (shortly after the Scream Machine was introduced in 2005). So the jingle has been around for a while. And in case anyone is wondering what we are talking about, check out this abbreviated version (which does not list things like "We`ve got the Scream Machine and the bumper cars, the Pipeline plunge, there`s so much to see and do, yeah, yeah, yeah"

• 2 weeks later...

While those things would be nice to have (I still maintain that a wooden coaster the size of the Tornado at Stricker`s Grove would be a huge hit at Coney), I doubt that we will see them happen at Coney anytime soon. They simply are big ticket items. And the last big ticket item tha Coney installed was the Twister in the water park, and that cost around $1,8 million and was the most expensive attraction Coney has ever installed. You can`t buy many new shiny attractions for that amount of money. I

I`m not disagreeing that a new coaster at Coney would attract a lot of people. I just don`t think that Coney would ever spend the money to build such an attraction. But never say never. Strange things have happened before. When Kings Island was built in 1972, who ever would have thought that Coney would still be around as an amusement park today?

Really? Raging floodwaters are capable of great damage, including to steel structures.

Meanwhile, the Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Over Georgia was built to withstand frequent, inevitably recurring floods, but of backwater, a far less forceful entity.

Terpey,

I agree, it would all depends on where they place it.

If it's north, possibly the same elevation as The Twister,

only backwater seems to get that high. The last major flood

was 97 when even the Sunlite Pool buildings were underwater.

1997-Flood-Coney.jpg