Advice from people who have been to Universal

If your dad likes to fish there's several state parks and rivers he could go fish in, just be careful and leave the manatees alone cause they're protected. There's some nice state parks east and northeast of Orlando like Wekiwa Springs, though some of them are about 30 minute drive away but I say they are all worth looking into.

No advice on Universal, but wanted to say I'm sorry to hear the news of the divorce - and will give you some advice on that. Please ensure you find someone - counselor, mentor, teacher, priest, etc.. that you can talk to about what is going on. It's going to be a major change for you and emotional so having someone outside the situation focused on supporting you will be valuable. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the updating going on on Spider-Man is ongoing and shouldn't interfere with the ride's operation too much. My understanding is that it's new, re-animated, HD scenes (which are produced elsewhere and pretty effortlessly switched over, if DarKastle is any indication) shouldn't close the ride. It's probably just the installation of new projection equipment and test-and-adjust that might get in the way, but they've already updated two scenes or something, so I don't think it's a close-for-three-months type of upgrade. You could always contact the resort. They're great at answering questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard an opening date for "Hollywood Drive-In Golf" (the new putt-putt course) at CityWalk? Most of the stuff I've found online says an opening date of "February"...just wondering if it might be open (at least a soft opening anyway) for my trip 02/15-17.