C'mon KI...When?

Snowman

From KI's website: "Thank you for another great season! Kings Island is now closed until spring 2012. Our 2012 operating calendar will be available soon!"

I don't know about the rest of you, but Snowwoman and I make it through the harsh Ohio Valley winter by counting down until opening day, but it's kind of hard because we don't know when KI is opening. So far "soon" has meant 2 months and counting.

Without Dinosaur footprint teases in the snow, a WindSeeker construction webcam, or DB/Beast ERT drama, shouldn't we at least get an opening date bone thrown at us?

That, or pan a webcam and let us watch ya'll dig a hole!

I am not sure if it was mentioned previously or not, but at the GOCC party it seemed the calendar would not be published until a few updates were made to the website. After looking quickly at a few other parks they do not have their calendar up yet either. Good things take time and patience!

Edited on 12/30/11

Especially with a new CEO at the helm. I still find it odd that they want opening day so far back. If they could develop an early season festival, or push Music in the parks into April, I would think that they could pack people in during those first weekends, and in turn make lots of money. After all, a closed park is not making any money.

So Terp, where exactly is this Kings Islamd place you speak of?

Fixed. Thanks. Some thoughts:

-Why does AutoCorrect catch some things, miss others, and massacre still others?

-It's still MUCH easier typing on an iPhone than a Blackberry wireless device.

-Kings Island is too far from Atlanta, comparatively. So is Busch Gardens Tampa, but I digress. And Jacksonville ain't a whole lot more convenient than the nation's busiest airport.

Terpy, musing aloud....

I'm confused... Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure the park, at least for the past 3 or so seasons, has posted on the website around this time of year that the schedule will be available "soon". "Soon" has usually meant some time after the first of the year. Am I wrong?

On Dec 16th I tweeted Kings Island saying i was excited and couldnt wait until the park opened, and they tweeted me back saying "just a little over 4 months" .

Hm, so maybe around April 19 like two years ago.

The 19th is a Thursday though, I thought they were only open on Fri, Sat and Sun in April?