Photographers

firetwirler

mad.gif What bothers me the most is the photographers who take your picture every time you enter the park. It is really annoying when you're a passholder. Everytime you come to the park you have to either try to avoid them seeing you or you have to keep telling them no. It gets old after a few visits. I think they should just quit with the photos. If people want photos they can bring a camera and ask an employee to take their picture.

Well I work there now, but back when I was a seasonpass member, I used to make a beeline for the bathroom, like run for it, usually they dont bother you if you go there first...or they didnt use to (granted I havent had a pass since '00), since they all know what its like to have to go......

i do'nt really mind casue i know the website where you can go get the pictures for free..lol photogra.com yay. there's usually a number on the card they give you and that's how you find the pic online. sometimes i'll just say "no thanks" though and keep walking

what bothers me though is when they don't say "can i take your pic" or something but just say "stand right there and smile!" or something demanding ...i just wanna hit them then blink.gif

ph34r.gif i didn't know you guys had the ninja muslim girl face!! yay!

As annoying as it is, it's there for profit. It's those families and couples that are going to go and buy those photos, not high school/college students, nor frequent visitors like some passholders or coaster enthusiasts. When it comes to guests who are walking alone or in groups of two or three of the same gender, especially men (i.e. enthusiasts), those people should really be left alone. They don't really care to buy a photo taken in front of a building, nor want to waste the minute to have it taken.

As for "making a beeline for the bathroom," use caution if you need to use the john in the Congo section at PKD. I hear those people lurk in ambush...

It's only their job. It does get annoying after a while, but all you have to do is say no thanx. Although I have had a few persistant ones, they normally go away after you say no. If they don't, run as fast as you can away from them, they can't take your picture that way! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!*laughs like a disney villain*

mad.gif What bothers me the most is the photographers who take your picture every time you enter the park. It is really annoying when you're a passholder. Everytime you come to the park you have to either try to avoid them seeing you or you have to keep telling them no. It gets old after a few visits. I think they should just quit with the photos. If people want photos they can bring a camera and ask an employee to take their picture.

As Self Appointed welcomer, I'd liek to give you a warm welcome, and let you know that the smilie you used looks constipated.

The thing that bothered me on my last visit, is the way they were oriented. They weren`t oriented to take people`s pictures as they entered. Instead, they were parallel and in line with the edge of the Royal Fountain. So each time you left the Action Zone and headed to HB, you had to pass them. Not a big deal, but I would rather only have to deal with them once, instead of each time i pass through the entrance plaza.

Bleh.. just make something stupid up.

I went the park with a friend who was born with only one leg. He takes his disability very lightly, though, and often jokes about it. When we walked past the photographers, and they asked the take a picture, he said "Sorry, i've only got one leg." And with that, we continued walking.

Needless to say, the Phographer was dumbfounded.

I feel bad for the photographers...some people give very arrogant "No"s and some people just totally ignore them and keep on walking. It can get annoying, especially if you are a "regular" customer at the park. I would be surprised to find out if the park makes a large amount of money with the entrance pictures since the park has to pay all of the photographers, purchase the cameras (not to mention recharge the batteries) and pay people to develop/print the pictures. I'm not sure how much an entrance picture costs, but if it's like the rest of the park, I'd guess at least $7 for one.

I would be surprised to find out if the park makes a large amount of money with the entrance pictures since the park has to pay all of the photographers, purchase the cameras (not to mention recharge the batteries) and pay people to develop/print the pictures. I'm not sure how much an entrance picture costs, but if it's like the rest of the park, I'd guess at least $7 for one.

Only if you knew what you were talking about. It's an outside company that does the work, not PKI themselves.

The park definetly makes money off it. Why else would they have it in the park? True they are an outside company, but they have a deal with Kings Island to give them a certain percentage of their sales or a minimum amount based on how many people come into the park. Its a guarentee the park will make money for bring these people in... even if the company doesn't.