Flashback Till Opening Day 2012

TOPGUN1993

Shooting off fireworks at Christmas time just doesn't seem to fit...the same as putting up a Christmas tree on the 4th Of July.

I have always held that places like KI & Disney etc...have ruined the "thrill" of seeing fireworks on the 4th because of them shooting them off year 'round. (Kinda like how the family would all gather around the TV to see a holiday special...now they can watch it over and over and over on video/DVD or on demand.)

• Like 2

Wait a second. Aren't the shelves in the bottom-left picture props for Cut-Throat Cove now?

(Great pictures, by the way! I didn't realize International Street actually had people in different outfits for different parts of the world, too. Where's the middle one on the top located?)

The building in the middle on top is currently home to I-Street Larosas.

It looks like a publicity photo of sorts...is the lady someone I should know?

(Sits here wondering what kind of response I might get from The Interpreter. :P )

That looks a lot like actress Ann B. Davis, better known as Alice from The Brady Bunch.

I had went to the prior 4 years of WEBN fireworks down on the river. This year we didn't make it, and decided to watch it on FOX... totally killed the whole experience, I will definitely be down on the river again this year.

You couldn't see it very well from the riverfront either. The smoke was hanging low over the river, so you couldn't see a whole lot. I've heard that the TV production was exceptionally bad this year (I never got around to watching it), but I do agree that there's nothing like watching it from the riverfront.

Cool picture! It seems like it's relatively difficult to find pictures online of SoB and KC together, and, when I've been able to find them, they're not that great in quality. At least with KC and Shockwave, Paramount must've had a thing for multi-colored track rails on their Togo stand-ups.

Cool picture! It seems like it's relatively difficult to find pictures online of SoB and KC together, and, when I've been able to find them, they're not that great in quality. At least with KC and Shockwave, Paramount must've had a thing for multi-colored track rails on their Togo stand-ups.

King Cobra was put in before Paramount owned the park. The colors mimic those of the coaster's namesake:

cobra.jpg

King Cobra was put in before Paramount owned the park. The colors mimic those of the coaster's namesake:

cobra.jpg

However Paramount was the one who repainted King Cobra, and Shockwave. So Paramount is the one who had a thing for different colored rails. King Cobra's orginal colors was Yellow Rails, with Green supports and spine!

Apparently that happened in 1977. A Google search for more info turned up this blog post about it from 2006: http://booksteveslib...ngs-island.html

Well, Dinah would have been at the park on my first birthday. Too bad I was too young to know what Kings Island was. I did get a Yogi Bear cake for my first birthday party, so that was kind of a link to KI. :P