Flashback Till Opening Day 2012

TOPGUN1993

thanks for the video. King Cobra was about 10 seconds longer than I remembered it (about 45 seconds from top of the lift hill to stop) Vortex appears to be about 15 seconds shorter than I would have guessed (I think I counted about 1:15 from top of lift hill to the final stop)

Can't remember if I've said it, but I am thoroughly enjoying this thread Paul - thanks!

What I find interesting is how I totally missed some things in KI history (don't believe I ever saw Days of Thunder in Action Theater), while others are imprinted in my memory like it was yesterday (memories of the Safari, riding King Cobra, the queue/loading of KCKC).

Can't remember if I've said it, but I am thoroughly enjoying this thread Paul - thanks!

What I find interesting is how I totally missed some things in KI history (don't believe I ever saw Days of Thunder in Action Theater), while others are imprinted in my memory like it was yesterday (memories of the Safari, riding King Cobra, the queue/loading of KCKC).

i do remember DoT in Action Theater, it was the first thing in there when that building got erected. reason being is my first ride on it scared me as a kid; i rode it & let the seat move my body, but my head stayed in a fixed position; stare'n @ the screen.

Guest thekidwholives

Photo #18 - International Showplace - 1977

5317021717cb763b1d12o.jpg

wow, if i remember correctly, I am only 13 but when my cousin who was at the time turning i think 12 maybe 13 or 14, i was only 4 or 5 i cant remember, but i think this was the place, at the time it was nickelodeon universe, but it was his birthday and we went to Kings Island, and i dont know if this was on purpose or not but they had called a random seat, and he was chosen to go on stage and have the employees squirt green slime and throw a pie in his face, i am shocked i can remember this, what is this used for now?

Guest thekidwholives

It is used for shows ... you are thinking of the stage in the back of Planet Snoopy near the Boomerang Bay (Soak City) entrance ....

oh ok thankss.

Guest thekidwholives

Any requests for future photos, what are you interested in seeing the most?

i would love to see some more beast shots, maybe some construction, or some Vortex shots.