Flashback Till Opening Day 2012

TOPGUN1993

I've been on a Rotor before (COSI Columbus has a modernized one in their outdoor section), and it can be pretty intense. More forceful than a Gravitron/Starship, and that's with COSI running theirs at a lower than normal speed.

COSI's was actually removed this fall.

I've been on a Rotor before (COSI Columbus has a modernized one in their outdoor section), and it can be pretty intense. More forceful than a Gravitron/Starship, and that's with COSI running theirs at a lower than normal speed.

I was at COSI in January and It is sill there.

I didn't realize that the rainbow was still there when that ride was installed. Hard to believe it's been there for 20 years now! I also think that ride should hold a record for most theme/name changes in the shortest amount of time (4 different names/themes in its 20-year history, with the longest-lasting being Top Cat's Taxi Jam, which lasted 8 seasons from 1998 through 2005).

I was at COSI in January and It is sill there.

Really? That's good to hear. I went over the summer and there were signs that said they were planning on removing it over the winter, and your last chance to ride it was in the fall. Of course it was down the day I went. COSI's site still says the ride is/was scheduled to close. http://dev.cosi.org/visitors/exhibits/big-science-park/generotor/

A couple things to note in the above image. One, the pavement below the Monster was painted. Two, The Racer brake run was not enclosed like it is today. Three, the two games buildings are not connected in the back like they are today. Also, you can clearly see the last hill of The Racer that has since been removed. And you can clearly tell that Flight of Fear resides on land that used to belong to the animal habitat.

Guest KingsIslandPR

And Racer has a train sitting, not in use.

Through the first 20 years of operation, The Racer would typically open with one train on each side while maintenance worked on the second trains. The second trains were added around 11:00am each day when the line extended out to the entrance area. A train would also often be removed from each side in the evening after 7:00pm if the line was shorter than the bottom of the ramp going up into the station.

• Like 3

Not that it relates to the picture above, but I wish they would (could?) turn the one train back around. I've heard the reasons why they can't, I'm not sure how popular the backwards racer was/would be, but personally I enjoyed having a reason to ride each ride for the different experience it would give.

• Like 1

I thought I've seen an old picture of the monster, perhaps at the park's opening, where the floor was painted yellow & black? Am I imagining that, if so, when was it repainted? Would be nice to see them paint it again, not that I'll ever ride as any high spinning ride makes me want to deposit my lunch somewhere.