Flashback Till Opening Day 2012

TOPGUN1993

The beauty of photography... I could take a picture of something three different times.. and the colors will probably not match up in any of them... for many factors I'm sure Gordan Bombay could explain better than I as I am only an amateur photographer

Ha Ha as much as I hate to admit it, I nearly failed a color theory class. I never understood mixing and balancing colors and when I color balance night shots it takes me hours so I'm no expert on color.

However, you are right, the color of that image could be determined by anything from the lens to the mirror to the film used. Not to mention it's pretty gray out. Every time I've seen it I actually thought it was red and black.

Awesome sketch. Speaking of opening day, did anyone get the email from Kings Island "We're Opening Earlier this Season." My heart skipped a beat in excitement, thinking they perhaps moved opening day up, especially when it started discussing the abnormally nice weather. But, it was just an email announcing the same April 28th opening. :(

I love that sketch!

Awesome sketch. Speaking of opening day, did anyone get the email from Kings Island "We're Opening Earlier this Season." My heart skipped a beat in excitement, thinking they perhaps moved opening day up, especially when it started discussing the abnormally nice weather. But, it was just an email announcing the same April 28th opening. :(

Yeah, that was mean.

Photo #86

9F6vv.jpg

Great pictures of Kings Island's past! Just one question: As I was first hired in 1972 as a "litter getter" or sweeps as they are called now, I wore an all white uniform. We wore white pants, white shirts and a white golf cap, with black hush puppy shoes. Do you have any pictures of any of us sweeping up the litter? Inside the operations building are pictures of Coney Island and Kings Island from the last day of Coney to Kings Island opening. Lots of pictures of the employees in full uniform.

Mike

ZoomButt.gif