Flashback Till Opening Day 2012

TOPGUN1993

... Uh, not really. From last bunny hop to track lubrication to train cushioning to seat dividers to manual braking to seat belts to head rests to individually ratcheting restraints to backwards operation to Fast Lane to queue line location, much, much has changed over the years. Even the age of the ride ops, and I dont just mean because 40 years has passed....

... Uh, not really. From last bunny hop to track lubrication to train cushioning to seat dividers to manual braking to seat belts to head rests to individually ratcheting restraints to backwards operation to Fast Lane to queue line location, much, much has changed over the years. Even the age of the ride ops, and I dont just mean because 40 years has passed....

Wow, you're good, Terp! I guess I meant to say that Racer has stayed consistent in the Coney Island/Mall skyline for the past 40 years.

Oh yes I remember the sippers. I remember the vendor used to have a cutter that he/she would snip the tops off with. Remember the glow ropes you would put around your neck, then stick in the freezer hoping to get some extra time out of them. They used to sell them when it got dark out. Also does anybody remember the Q102 days they had back in the early 80's, the Mello Yello t-shirts they gave away?

Guest rcfreak339

Racer had chaser lights? I would love to see that again. Even Stricker's can afford chaser lights for Tornado (which look great at night!)

Racer still has chaser lights up the lift and first drop. It would be awesome to have them through the entire ride.

When I was younger, Phantom Theater was always my favorite ride at the park. I would always ride it with my dad the moment we got to the park. I have so many memories on that ride, and that is just one of the reasons I love going back to Kings Island. Kings Island holds a special place in my heart, which is why I can't wait until opening day every year. I hope everyone has a great time tomorrow, because I know I will.

TOPGUN1993, thank you so much for all the work put into this thread. The offseason is over in just 18 hours and 30 minutes. This was a great way for me to enjoy my offseason, and for it to pass by quicker. Also, thanks to standbyme for the entertainment in the first part of the offseason, with his "Standing within 3 feet of 1973" topic. The time has passed with these threads, because KI is about to open. Thanks for the threads, standbyme and TOPGUN1993!