Flashback Till Opening Day 2012

TOPGUN1993

That would be correct. The picture that Paul posted is in fact part of Skylab. I still hate how the ride`s former location has become so cluttered with stuff over the years since it was removed. Not quite as grand of an entrance into Coney Mall as it used to be when there was a ride there.

Ah yes we are getting closer to a pic of the elusive queue line, great photo. I was able to ride the Cobra one time before they removed it, I really do not recall much about the ride being younger. One part I really do recall is the trick track, that section was truly a very neat experience. However, I do not have any memories of waiting in line, boarding the ride, or even the ride experience itself. At least I can say I rode it before it was removed I guess.

There wasn`t much to the actual queue line. I believe most of it was surrounded by the station, and a large fence. You really couldn`t look out of the actual queue. There was a covering over the queue, much like the one that is on Viking Fury (wood slats). And whenever a train came into the brake run, it was deafening in the queue.

There wasn`t much to the actual queue line. I believe most of it was surrounded by the station, and a large fence. You really couldn`t look out of the actual queue. There was a covering over the queue, much like the one that is on Viking Fury (wood slats). And whenever a train came into the brake run, it was deafening in the queue.

Thank you for at least explaining what it looked like. For some reason queue lines have always fascinated me, I do not know why.

Seeing the old Beastie sign brings back a lot of memories. I remember when I was younger and we would visit the park once a year every summer and how excited I would be to go ride the big, bad Beastie, knowing that one day I would be tall enough and brave enough to move up to The Beast and I'll forget the day that I finally did just that. I still think that renaming Beastie and the removal of its tunnel was the worst thing about Nick Universe and had hoped that maybe it would be changed back for Planet Snoopy but was disappointed once again. I'll still hold out hope that someday it could return to being The Beastie because I feel like it adds some charm to the park rather than it being named Woodstock Express because that's what the "bigger" Planet/Camp Snoopy roller coasters are called. Rather it feels almost like a story line that there are two beasts (I'll leave Son of Beast out of this...) in the park and you have to get past the smaller one (Beastie) before you can ride The Beast. That's how I imagined it at least.

That's the end of my rant about a coaster I probably won't ride until I have kids and take them to the park even if they do rename it. Thanks again for posting these pictures!

Edit - Also on the topic of The Beastie sign, I was surprised to learn that The Beastie had cousin from down under at the lesser known KECO park Australia's Wonderland, similar sign and all:

42l1jh43f9u581v1k26b00.jpg

Photo is from RCDB.com

Photo #40

2qkpkyo.jpg

I never realized that the ride still had its Yellow Scooby Doo paint job when it was renamed "The Beastie."

As for the photo Vortex posted from 1980, are you sure that's our Beastie? I remember ours having the sign from above right until it closed.

And do you remember how the station had the drive box above the entire station? The ride ops had to reach it via a ladder.