Flashback Till Opening Day 2012

TOPGUN1993

Guest KingsIslandPR

Photo #73

2rr329c.jpg

The headrests were introduced in 1986 on The Beast and Racer. The buzz bars were replaced by the current individual lap bars in 1991 on both coasters, but were tested on one car of the blue train on the forward side of The Racer after Labor Day in 1990.

• Like 3

Photo #69

1exw13.jpg

Does anyone know if this is the paint scheme the monorail cars opened with initially?

Is this the original paint scheme the monorail cars opened with initially?

Edited to avoid inevitable answer by Interpreter or someone who's learned from him, since apparently I didn't. :P

• Like 2

it would be interesting if one of the old trains were still around.

The track was red with black supports.

would have been pretty cool (i think) if when the name "Top Gun" met its demise, the CF Brass renamed the coaster "The Bat," "Bat's Revenge" etc... and gave it the old color scheme.

the layout of the track is very attune to that of a bat- moreso than a flight deck; there aren't too many flight patterns that go around trees like that... but bats do.

• Like 2

And the parking lot looks so black...

Speaking of the parking lot, has it ever been repaved? Random question but just wanted to know.

It doesn't appear so as I drive by, but that's going 70 on the highway, so take my word at 100%. They've definently done something though, they've torn up a small part of the pavement, looks like perhaps they're going to put in some grass/curb dividers b/w regular parking and gold parking, if I had to guess, but its hard to tell for sure from I-71.

And the parking lot looks so black...

Speaking of the parking lot, has it ever been repaved? Random question but just wanted to know.

It doesn't appear so as I drive by, but that's going 70 on the highway, so take my word at 100%. They've definently done something though, they've torn up a small part of the pavement, looks like perhaps they're going to put in some grass/curb dividers b/w regular parking and gold parking, if I had to guess, but its hard to tell for sure from I-71.

I've seen it now, it is really bad. But I was referring to any time in the past, not right now.