Kings Island New Years Resolutions

Jasper

What are some of your New Years Resolutions pertaining to Kings Island? For me, it is just to spend as much time with my friends there as possible and make as many good memories at the park as I can, and also break my last year's ride total on all rides.

I'm looking forward to my daughter (who turns 2 in March) being able to do much more in the park this Summer. Of course, by the time Haunt rolls around, we'll have another little one to be taking along (we're due September 4th)! :lol:

Congrats! My little one will turn 1 on September 4th!

• Like 1

1. The same as every year - lose weight so I can fit on the rides easier. This is more important than ever because of #2 below.

2. GatorGirl should be 48" by opening day, so getting her first rides on Racer, Adventure Express, Flight Deck & BLSC. Mrs. Gator has vetoed GatorGirl riding Beast & Vortex because of her being "too skinny", so I have to abide by that ruling. Mrs. Gator doesn't like the thought of her riding Drop Tower either, but out of all the rides this is the one I can see Mrs. Gator possibly caving on easiest. In preparation for that, I really need to work on #1 since I need the company of certain people to squeeze me onto DT.

3. Make it over to Soak City, since I didn't go to BB at all in 2011 and only once in 2010 (after visiting numerous times in prior seasons).

4. Change GatorGirl's opinion of KI. The other day we were talking about our trips to various parks this past year (we took her to 11 different parks in 2011), and she said "I'm bored with Kings Island." Now this could be because we had just been talking about how great WDW is and how that's our favorite park (or more correctly, group of parks) and in her mind she may have been comparing WDW to KI. But I think #2 above will go a long way in helping her appreciate KI again.

My little girl will be three on February 4th. Last summer she hit the 36" mark and had a TON of fun. That being said, my goal is to lose some weight so I can fit with her on whatever she can ride that allows adults as well. We didn't do Great Pumpkin Coaster last summer because there is no way I would have fit. This summer, I WILL get on it and ride it with her.

Gator, I can not wait until my girl hits the 48" mark! You will have a lot of fun with your GatorGirl! My girl hasn't been scared of a single thing so far and I am loving it. Getting her on her first coaster will be a blast!

Also, we have passes so I resolve to go as often as possible, and to visit SC as much as possible because my girl loves the water!

Gator - that 48" height is magical at KI. I hope GatorGirl enjoys the new rides as much as Kyle did (late 2009) and Neil did (mid last summer). Your KI experience has changed - remember to include rides like Zephyr on your itinerary also, and be prepared for the "I want to ride by myself" big girl attitude!

This summer, I resolve to enjoy a new season with my boys after last was cut short surprisingly. I look forward to more 54" rides with Kyle (he only has the DB credit) and seeing Neil expand his confidence on the 48" rides (BLSC and AE aren't favorites yet and he has yet to conquer Drop Tower).

• Like 2

Gator - that 48" height is magical at KI. I hope GatorGirl enjoys the new rides as much as Kyle did (late 2009) and Neil did (mid last summer). Your KI experience has changed - remember to include rides like Zephyr on your itinerary also, and be prepared for the "I want to ride by myself" big girl attitude!

We'll definitely ride Zephyr. She likes the swings at Dollywood (Waltzing Swinger), which have double seats so smaller kids can ride with their parents.