Kings Island Campground

jlopez

I dont remember it ever being packed. in the last 10 years it was open

I remember it being very busy the last few years open. There were several non-holiday weekends I tried to go and there was only overflow primitive sites back by Flight Deck open. Maybe I pick the wrong weekends?

Lots of campers brought their pets with them and they kept our Pet Care Center very busy. I had campers bring all kinds of pets, from pot belly pigs, goat and dog together (they were the best of pals), ferrets, fish, and of course dogs and cats. We provided a great service to the campers where they could rest easy that their pets are well cared for and they will not find any surprises if they let their pets in the camper.

^We ran into that at Disney World Fort Wilderness and just a mere couple weeks after we left they changed it to "you are allowed to keep your pets at your RV as long as they're leashed and/or kept inside". A attendant offered to take our cats himself and my cat Bandit scared him till he drained of color and said "nevermind you guys did say they don't leave the trailer? ok they can stay in the camper" Bandit from what I always remembered didn't like strangers and only allowed my father and grandfather to handle him without being bitten. :P

We always went to Cedar Point, practically living there in some ways, (since there was hardly any campgrounds in that region that can handle my parents camper) and their campgrounds were always full, even on non holidays. I doubt its like that anymore though :/

^thats good to hear. So many memories. We just kept all the RVs there and go around the Sandusky/Port Clinton/ Lake Erie islands considering it burns more fuel to haul them then it would without them and definatly hard with a camper the size of my dad's taking it to a campground and finding out it had nothing large enough which is what happened at KI. I mean...that Franklin was sinking a ferry and another time its weight smashed a water line at another campground flooding a bunch of campsites :P We probably outdo Long Long Trailer with what that Franklin been involved with.

23780_426860268695_505303695_5278556_7470247_n.jpg

During the recent investor conference, Mr. Ouimet made clear not to expect new company owned hotels.

That's an interesting point. To be honest, with his past work, I had suspected something along the line of hotels, etc. Other people must have thought the same thing.

When I would ride my bike home from working at Kings Island, you can see all the towels hanging to dry on the wood length fences and the smell of all the charcoal from the grills. Nothing like the good smell of food cooking on the grills! How sweet it would be for Cedar Fair or another group to open a new camp ground near the park.

• 7 years later...

As for a historical fact the "One Team Village" is being built on the old overflow area of the campground. which can bee seen in a old aerial image here https://www.historicaerials.com/location/39.349440251806776/-84.26085591316223/2004/17

For facts on the campground itself. It used to include the area that Animal safari was installed. as seen in the topo map here https://www.historicaerials.com/location/39.349232838051336/-84.26118850708008/T1976/16 The remainder of the campground "Area north of columbia road" was the only section sold to Great Wolf Resorts.

• Like 1