Kings Island Campground

jlopez

The campground was great -- it was affordable and a great way to do a cheap trip to the park with friends (we went down to Spirit Song a few years in a row and would camp there). I'm bummed it's gone. 

We did stay a few years at Morgan's Canoe and Camping, which is about a 15-minute drive from the park. It's a beautiful site -- we camped right by the river. Only problem is it's a rustic site, and getting back to the campground stinky, sweaty and exhausted -- and in the dark -- isn't a ton of fun. In my twenties? Sign me up. Pushing 40? I'll just call a hotel, lol. 

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Tent camping there for a week with family when I was in 6th grade was the best camping experience. Us kids would run around all night meeting other kids that were doing the same. Smores & hot dogs at the campfire. Having that summer crush with multiple girls. So much fun & excitement after the park closed. Glow-in-the-dark necklaces cut open to splash that liquid all over the inside of our tents, way cool back then. That old campground is forever burnt in my memories. 1st year tent camping was 1987.

• Like 2