Rave Motion Pictures Closing?

marlfox_21

It also suffered as being one of the last "old style" cinemas to be constructed before the newer "stadium style" became the standard. The article also mentions projection technology as a barrier to upgrades, but I can't say as I'm enough of a videophile to have noticed that.

I also enjoyed the coincidence that, soon after Paramount's Kings Island dropped the prefix, Showplace(?) Cinemas became simply Cinemas! I may not be the biggest fan of Cedar Fair's coverup job, but at least they managed to re-brand the park decently!

I went to that theater the first day it was open to the public and saw the first movie they showed that day, so I was one of the few people in the theater for the very first movie they showed to the public, Beavis & Butthead Do America. :D

There were many times when I worked at the park that my friends and I would head over there after work to catch a movie. Heck, I even went there by myself a lot too since it was so convenient. But I haven't been to a movie there in years now that 1) I no longer work at KI year round and 2) Regal in Deerfield is closer to home and is a much nicer theater.

I never liked Rave in West Chester the few times I've been there. Over-run with teenagers and too crowded in general. When I first learned (from this very site) a while back that Rave bought Showcase Kings Island & others, I figured the KI location wouldn't last too much longer. It lasted longer than I thought though, but with the old style seating and Regal close by, I'm not surprised by this announcement.

I remember camping at the campground and going to this theater after being at KI all day and taking in a movie about 8 PM before heading back to the camper. Camping and KI, those were the good ole days. With our new CEO wanting to draw in more families, I hope we can get back to that some day! That would bring my family over for weekend trips a lot more than the day trips we take now. Camping was just as much fun as going to KI. Ok, maybe not, but I seem to remember and have more stories about the times I was camping than just taking day trips. FD waking you up in the morning testing, if you camped in the back. Walking up on a skunk while you are trying to walk the dog at 2am!

I wonder who owns the vacant land directly across the theater from the cinema. I'd assume KI owns that land, wonder if they could purchase the cinema land as an area for expanded parking, tie in the unused land w/ some sort of people (or shuttle bridge) over the top of KI drive, then allowing KI to use part of the current parking lot, plus the area behind congo falls and timbewolf for future ride expansion.

I wonder who owns the vacant land directly across the theater from the cinema. I'd assume KI owns that land, wonder if they could purchase the cinema land as an area for expanded parking, tie in the unused land w/ some sort of people (or shuttle bridge) over the top of KI drive, then allowing KI to use part of the current parking lot, plus the area behind congo falls and timbewolf for future ride expansion.

KI only owns the land they are sitting on. Building a bridge won't work at all. They would have to redo that whole road from the where the Harley place is to Western Row Road. And i don't think Mason will let that happen. Mason already is trying to get more money from KI now. And the park needs all of the parking spots they can get. We had 50,000 and 40,000 people in the park for Haunt last year, and the park used all of the spots including the employee lots. We had to park in the grass and ride the bus to the gate.

KI only owns the land they are sitting on. Building a bridge won't work at all. They would have to redo that whole road from the where the Harley place is to Western Row Road. And i don't think Mason will let that happen. Mason already is trying to get more money from KI now. And the park needs all of the parking spots they can get. We had 50,000 and 40,000 people in the park for Haunt last year, and the park used all of the spots including the employee lots. We had to park in the grass and ride the bus to the gate.

the bridge is probably unrealstic, though a people only bridge over the road wouldn't cost a ton (but probably not worth it compared to a shuttle. What probably makes more sense, if they went down this path, would be to turn that into bus parking. Drop the passangers off near the front somewhere, then park your buss back across the street for the day. With the traffic light, it would be pretty easy to get the busses back and forth and would free up a large chunk of the parking lot that is taken up by buses every day.

the bridge is probably unrealstic, though a people only bridge over the road wouldn't cost a ton (but probably not worth it compared to a shuttle. What probably makes more sense, if they went down this path, would be to turn that into bus parking. Drop the passangers off near the front somewhere, then park your buss back across the street for the day. With the traffic light, it would be pretty easy to get the busses back and forth and would free up a large chunk of the parking lot that is taken up by buses every day.

KI doesn't need to give Mason a reason to get money from them.

Kings Island owns a lot more land than just what they sit on. Almost 2 times as much. (Well Cedar Fair owns the land if we are getting precise.)

I've seen the land most people don't see.

Oh. Really? You've been on a Beast tour? Just like the rest of them? Sheesh. Come back when we all care.

• Like 1

Kings Island owns a lot more land than just what they sit on. Almost 2 times as much. (Well Cedar Fair owns the land if we are getting precise.)

I've seen the land most people don't see.

Oh. Really? You've been on a Beast tour? Just like the rest of them? Sheesh. Come back when we all care.

No need to be nasty. Do you want someone to be nasty to you for no reason?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...