Ghost Hunters at KI Wed Jan 11th

jandyb79

I was also disappointed by the show. I found it odd that they linked the cemetary and ghosts to the munitions plant explosion. I don't know if there is any records of the people buried there from the plant, and I seriously doubt the little girl was killed there. Also I would think if there were ghosts of the victims from the plant they would more likely be at the plant which is still standing on the other side of the river from the park.

I too was pretty let down by this episode. I'm in a paranormal group in Cincinnati and would love t investigate here! I wish they would have focused on more areas of the park and other stories instead of just the littel girl tho. It would be interesting to see if they did this and it just didnt make the final cut f the show tho. I feel like only giving Kings Island a half hour when it is such a big place and their first ever amusement park was kind of a rip off!

I wish you could investigate, too. That would be so cool to do that. I thought they showed SOB so much because of the location of it to the graveyard. Besides, it's spooky looking.

Just a thought: With as many ghost stories there are about KI, do you really think that they would have time to investigate them all?

Oh, and Ghost Hunters always does half hour segments (2 investigations per episode,) unless it is the Halloween Episode, where it is a live investigation.

I have not seen the episode yet (due to lack of cable in the apt I'm in) but wish they would have come through when the Phantom was still in his Theater. From the stories I heard from coworkers who maintained that ride, it was a creepy place to be when the vehicles weren't moving.

Very odd they keep showing Son of Beast with the trains and logo. Go to the park and no one will say anything.

Which must make for a very quiet park!

Terpy, who remembers when at least some of the people in the park said something. (And who points out that ghostly visages of the departed are often supposedly seen in such shows. Just sayin', perhaps a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.)

• Like 1

I was excited to see SOB so many times becuase I just thought that those were more hints towards 2013.

Although I don't know why the stickers were off some of the trains....

The show was a big let down to me and I thought it was very fake, I do not usually watch ghost hunters

but I thought I would since KI was going to be on there.

Quite frankly, IMO the whole idea behind this was silly. I made it through about 5 minutes and had to turn. Good to see the park on TV? I suppose. But utterly ridiculous to have "ghost hunters" predictibly arriving in the haunted house looking for scary noises. Sheesh :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I thought it was funny how the foot steps they heard by the handicap parking lot suddenly teleported them inside Boo Blasters. It reminds me when Bert the Conquerer walked by Maverick on his way to Wicked Twister, when thats not anywhere close to being on the way to where he was going. Just TV editing that gets noticed by people like us. :)

I was also disappointed by the show. I found it odd that they linked the cemetary and ghosts to the munitions plant explosion. I don't know if there is any records of the people buried there from the plant, and I seriously doubt the little girl was killed there. Also I would think if there were ghosts of the victims from the plant they would more likely be at the plant which is still standing on the other side of the river from the park.

I may have misheard but I'm pretty sure they said that the cemetary dated the plant and that none of the graves were from people that worked at the plant.

I may have misheard but I'm pretty sure they said that the cemetary dated the plant and that none of the graves were from people that worked at the plant.

The "Ghost Hunters" revealed this at the end after their extensive research via an easy Google search. One of them looked at Don and was like "Oh, hey, yeah, uh so that factory exploded like, uh, well after those people died. OMG, DID YOU HEAR THAT!?" Then he pointed his flashlight at an area where the camera wasn't looking. When the camera turned... nothing was there.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the plant that exploded was once adjacent/connected to the cartridge factory that still stands well behind the park and down the river. Although, there were once other munition plants on land that now occupies KI. I don't think any of those ever exploded though.

One last thing: Don never said that the little girl in the blue dress was connected to the plant explosion, yet the Ghost Hunters seemed like they kept assuming that.

And just for the record - this was a good thing for the park. The B-Roll footage was beautiful, it got the park national attention on a wildly popular show and was fun to watch.

The show is still stupid though.

• Like 2

Watched it last night. Did they really discover that if you're in the restaurant at night and someone walks around in the kitchen, you can actually hear footsteps? Shocking. (sorry for the spoiler if you haven't seen it yet)

Nice park B-roll.

The "Ghost Hunters" revealed this at the end after their extensive research via an easy Google search. One of them looked at Don and was like "Oh, hey, yeah, uh so that factory exploded like, uh, well after those people died. OMG, DID YOU HEAR THAT!?" Then he pointed his flashlight at an area where the camera wasn't looking. When the camera turned... nothing was there.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the plant that exploded was once adjacent/connected to the cartridge factory that still stands well behind the park and down the river. Although, there were once other munition plants on land that now occupies KI. I don't think any of those ever exploded though.

One last thing: Don never said that the little girl in the blue dress was connected to the plant explosion, yet the Ghost Hunters seemed like they kept assuming that.

And just for the record - this was a good thing for the park. The B-Roll footage was beautiful, it got the park national attention on a wildly popular show and was fun to watch.

The show is still stupid though.

Yes very good B-roll , and FREE ad time.

I was excited to see SOB so many times becuase I just thought that those were more hints towards 2013.

Although I don't know why the stickers were off some of the trains....

The show was a big let down to me and I thought it was very fake, I do not usually watch ghost hunters

but I thought I would since KI was going to be on there.

But then, we're talking about out of towners filming when the park is closed down. All the rides are shut, so they don't know SOB is not running. It's an impressive structure. They might have featured SOB because it it made good scenery.

My dad loves this show. He tosses off the ghost stuff readily enough. He likes to watch Tango and Cash(?)- I forgot the one tattooed fellow's name. He liked it better in the earlier seasons, with Brian, who was the Ghost Hunter Equivalent of a Dead End Kid.

My wife asked during the episode why they wouldn't even mention Tower Johnny, but I'm assuming it's because Kings Island is getting some national attention with the show and the last thing they'd want to talk about is someone who died in the park, even if it was a while ago. So it's better to just show a ghost who died before Kings Island was even an idea.

Would have been cool if someone turned on one of the rides while they were there just to mess with them.