Ghost Hunters at KI Wed Jan 11th

jandyb79

But then, we're talking about out of towners filming when the park is closed down. All the rides are shut, so they don't know SOB is not running. It's an impressive structure. They might have featured SOB because it it made good scenery.

Plus SOB is close to the graveyard. So when it came to B-roll time, the crew didn't have to haul gear very far. After a long shoot day, distance can definitely be a factor in B-roll shots.

I wish the TAPS team would have investigated Coney Island as well.

I believe CI is more haunted than KI. It would have made a great

double header!

Here is the CI thread: Paranormal Activity @ CI

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12947

On July 25th, 1935, Amusement Park Chief George F. Schott died unexpectedly while attending business at Moonlite Gardens.

In the summer of 1966, William Bomkamp, an 18 YOA UC student, fell to his death from the last run of the night on the Shooting Star.

In 1947, Josephine Rosenfeld, of Westwood, died when she fell from a Merry Go round horse. In May of that same year,

Lucille Clemons died when she fell off the Shooting Star. Ironically that same year. the Island Queen blew up in Pittsburg, PA

killing 19 crew members.

My now deceased next door neighbor used to work security at Coney back in the heyday of the park. He often talked of ghostly

sightings around the park, specifically ghostly aberrations in and around Moonlite Gardens.

I was wondering with the popularity of ghost hunters, if anyone else has experienced or heard of any parasnormal activity.

It was actually written in a book:

Cincinnati Haunted Handbook

America's Haunted Road Trip

Morris/Moris

http://www.clerisypr...productid=16948

It lists both Coney Island and Kings Island. Specific to Coney Island, the book goes way back

1500 years when the Hopewell Indians frequented the land. The book also

lists the merry-go round, Sunlite Pool and definitely talks about Moonlight Gardens.

A great read for all you paranormal enthusiasts!

pilotank

• 1 month later...

If anyone missed the show you can watch it here:

http://www.vureel.co...-Hunters-S08E01

Just started watching, have no interest in the Ghost Hunters program, even thought I do believe in "apparitions" and whatnot due to some personal and family experiences, just like to see good ol' KI.

Edit: Somewhere around the 20:00- minute mark it looks like Helbig's trying to hold back a laugh.

Edited by dragsterfan420

• 3 weeks later...

I love the show. I haven't had any personal experiences, but my sister has had one. She and some friends held a seance at Chesapeake Middle or High School (can't remember which she said) and she said that the group saw the apparition of an old Native American Woman. I have heard that there's an old Native American burial ground nearby the middle or high school.