Anyone for a new water ride?

dustyj1986

So I was thinking.. Kings Island's oldest water attraction-Race For Your Life Charlie Brown is now 43 years old. (If you don't count the 2001 remodel), Then White Water Canyon-it will be 26 years old. Lastly- Congo Falls (nee' Amazon Falls) is 23 years old. Who thinks it is high time for a new water attraction within the main park? These rides are aging (slowly but surely) and will be needing replaced. Yes we are getting Soak City for 2012 but what about those who don't want to venture into that area? Any ideas, people?

Not that I have any knowledge into the ideology behind what amusement parks do, but I feel like with the additions of water parks that are included with the admission of the dry park, there haven't really been many water ride additions in dry parks, and I don't see this as a trend that will change. For one, the three water rides that Kings Island has on its dry side of the park are high caliber rides, and two if there was to be a water coaster or something of the like come in, I would bet it would end up in Soak City to help pull crowds off of other rides in the water park.

I think in general, dry amusement parks max out at one log flume, one "splashdown" boat, and one circular rapids ride. As it is, Kings Island has one of each. And as kingsrattler said, they're nice models. Comparatively, Cedar Point had one of each model, as well, but all of them get you completely and utterly soaked to the bone. At least at Kings Island, you can choose a mist & a spritz (Race For Your Life), a chance of getting soaked (White Water Canyon), or a complete drenching (Congo Falls).

I think it would be a unique and fun idea to have a new age style water ride straddling the border between Kings Island and Soak City, available to guests at both parks (like Pilgrim's Plunge at Holiday World) but our practically-detached waterpark might make that difficult.

• Like 1

I think it would be a unique and fun idea to have a new age style water ride straddling the border between Kings Island and Soak City, available to guests at both parks (like Pilgrim's Plunge at Holiday World) but our practically-detached waterpark might make that difficult.

I like this idea, too, but it doesn't seem like we've really got a good place to put it. The best fit that comes to mind would be the location of the old fort along the train tracks. Even then, though, any connecting path to the dry park I try to imagine always ends up awkwardly placed by the maintenance sheds. Not to mention that that would remove, in my opinion, some of the best original charm KI has to offer.

So I was thinking.. Kings Island's oldest water attraction-Race For Your Life Charlie Brown is now 43 years old. (If you don't count the 2001 remodel), Then White Water Canyon-it will be 26 years old. Lastly- Congo Falls (nee' Amazon Falls) is 23 years old. Who thinks it is high time for a new water attraction within the main park? These rides are aging (slowly but surely) and will be needing replaced. Yes we are getting Soak City for 2012 but what about those who don't want to venture into that area? Any ideas, people?

Not so sure they need to be replaced any time soon. Race for Your Life Charlie Brown is really the only water ride that smaller children can ride and it would be a shame to see that go unless it would be replaced with a similar ride. Sometimes newer doesn't always mean better.

Somehow they could move congo falls to the water park???

Possibly, but the log flume will be there forever I would hope!!!

A nice indoor water relaxing ride would be great!!! Where to put it is a great question?

Kings Island as it sits today has a nice balance.

Of course for those that have not been to Knotts they have the best log flume ever, yes better than disney!!!

I think if a new water ride needs to be added it would be a water coaster over in the water park. I think that would draw in more in more people than a new water type ride in the dry park. There is the option of a Aqua trax and there is some concern for me me that there is only 1 of these coasters built and that was back in 2003. I am guessing there has to be a reason for that.

http://www.intaminwo...DE/Default.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

And there was crickets.

STR has been a constant stream of problems so that was probably a convo stopper:)

Honestly, I've been to CP twice (on good days to ride it) and just haven't.

CF had the right idea but it did't go too smoothly and still isn't a high popularity ride.

I would think anything would be great for Kings Island as long as the log flume stay's for younger family members, which Cedar Point does not have for sure.

Unless you count sir rub a dub tubs at the point.

Time will tell, but the worlds longest water coaster would knock holiday world right off the map on that!

I'll say again that Cedar Point made two terrible decisions in Shoot the Rapids:

1) After the marketing campaign with "White Lightning" whiskey and an established backstory of hillbilly families feuding during your tour of the brewery, many expected something at least along the lines of the Paddlewheel Excursions characters, or a few falling rock effects or something. Instead, the water literally meanders. Even Kings Island's forty year old log flume zooms down the trough. Cedar Point's is painstakingly, almost maddeningly slow, and passes no scenery or effects worth mentioning.

2) As for the "water level" complaint I have, many parks have a log flume (for a light misting), a rapid ride (for a chance at getting drenched) and a splashdown boat (for getting soaked to the bone). Cedar Point has all three models, and all three absolutely assault you with unavoidable water effects. On Shoot The Rapids (which, traditionally, should be the least wet of the three water rides, as a log flume) there are literally - I'll say again, literally - water hoses aimed at riders that spray you from either side. And they're rough, too!

shoot-the-rapids-05.jpg_920.jpg

Do those water jets look fun to anyone? Not me...