Kings Island 40th Anniversary

mccarthysnerd

I hope the park puts some effort into the 40th Anniversary...the 40th is a bigger deal than the 35th. (In my opinion.) I hope they put some banners up around the park...the vinyl welcoming billboard over the entrance hopefully will hype this milesone. As for merchandise, I would like to see an anniversary snowglobe...at the VERY least a button.

I could live without a new attraction this year if the park looks a little spruced up making it look special. :)

The best thing that I feel they can do, within reason and budget, is to restore The Racer to her former glory, as she was the flagship of the park 40 years ago.

The old girl looks tattered and forlorn.

I agree with you.

but I as I do think The Racer is a great coaster and park original, It does still need a make-over. The appearence of

the ride is becoming kind of pitiful.

• Like 1

I agree 100 percent that The Racer should be brought back to it's original glory. It was soley responsible for the popularity in roller coasters to be left looking the way it does. I'm sure with Don Helbig having something like 12,000 rides it has to eat at him to see it in this condition. I'll set myself up for a beating with this question but does it seem like it doesn't have the airtime it used to or am I just too heavy?