Antique cars

drewbari

We do not know for sure the Antique Cars will be removed. And if they are, I heard it's only going to be temporary. I think they will close them temporary so they can remove the other track, and start construction on the New for '05 attraction. But time will tell.

As for fond memories...

Last summer, me and my family went to pki (as passholders) and we had a pretty good day, until it rained. Really really hard rain. But some attractions were still open while it poured, so I got on the zephyr while it was pouring rain, and it felt soooo good. I then convinced my parents to get on while it was pouring rain, and after that, we went on the scrambler. I rode the scrambler, maybe three times, until I met my friend Kaycee (she works in food) just getting off shift. I got off the ride after it was over, and we rode the Antique Cars three times, and she drove like a maniac, swerving and slamming on her brakes, ah... it was fun.

We do not know for sure the Antique Cars will be removed. And if they are, I heard it's only going to be temporary. I think they will close them temporary so they can remove the other track, and start construction on the New for '05 attraction. But time will tell.

If you are correct, this can only mean that PKI is getting a coaster, UNLESS, they retrack the Antique cars. Only if they retrack the ride can PKI get a non-coaster attraction.

If you are correct, this can only mean that PKI is getting a coaster, UNLESS, they retrack the Antique cars. Only if they retrack the ride can PKI get a non-coaster attraction.

how can you know that for sure. i'm pretty sure they can fit a flat ride just about anywhere they can put a coaster.

Ok this is by no means being disrespecful, but I know for a fact the antique cars are not going anywhere, I have a relative that works for a company that does business with pki. I approached him on the whole rumor mill about them he said false, he knows whats happening discussions but he cant really tell me. I also asked him about congo falls being removed i heard that rumor and he smiles and says stay tuned. So with that the future of congo is limited. Im sure some of you are thinking im full of it and thats your opinion I myself believe him hes worked for this business for 20 some years. He did not tell me future plans nor did he actually come out and say about congo being removed just said stay tuned i took that has yes it will be removed he aslo stated something to the effect after he said stay tuned flip yourself around so im thinking a flyer in that area this is me thinking it would be a nice spot for one. But this is what Ive been told by a very reliable source who actually helped with Action Zone being devolped.

coasterfans

Why would the park remove Congo Falls, add a new ride, and further crowd AZ? Why would they not add a flying type coaster where the antique cars are? These questions will keep me up all night. Thats a lot coasterfan! Just kidding.

Any one remember the last year the South side of the Antique cars operated? Also, I don`t believe Congo Falls will be going anywhere in favor of a new attraction. The Action Zone has had a lot of additions in the past couple of seasons. Secondly, I was thinking that they could be closing the Antique Cars so that they could alter the course for a new attraction in 2005. However, I also remember the Jeff Siebert hint back on a Boomerang Bay tour that Coney Mall was the last major area to not recieve a new attraction in the past couple of years. The `Tiques are in Coney Mall, so the 2005 attraction may very well be on part or all of the Antique Cars land. This will be an exciting summer to see what happens with the Antique Cars. But, lets not wish away the 2004 season! Before we know it the park will be closed and we will be in another offseason. Lets enjoy the park while its open and be glad if and when an announcement comes in the coming months.

Yeah, we can`t wish away this season. It hasn`t really even begun yet! Heck this year`s new addition isn`t even open yet, and people are already talking about next year`s new ride. So many times these days, people are wishing their lives away waiting for this or for that.

I`m sure if the park wanted to keep the Antique Cars, and build a coaster on that plot of land, that they could find a way to make it happen!

"They operated off and on for the 1999 season, but have been closed since then. "

Are you positive about that Maestro? I was on Beast's crew in 1999, and distinctly recall on Dry Run day there was a lot of buzz about the Rivertown Side of 'Tiques being closed for good. The Rivertown side never opened on any of the days I worked that season, and the former crews were shuffled off to the other side or transferred to other attractions.

I think it's final day of operation may have been the final day of park operation in 1998.

Shaggy

Any one remember the last year the South side of the Antique cars operated? Also, I don`t believe Congo Falls will be going anywhere in favor of a new attraction. The Action Zone has had a lot of additions in the past couple of seasons. Secondly, I was thinking that they could be closing the Antique Cars so that they could alter the course for a new attraction in 2005. However, I also remember the Jeff Siebert hint back on a Boomerang Bay tour that Coney Mall was the last major area to not recieve a new attraction in the past couple of years. The `Tiques are in Coney Mall, so the 2005 attraction may very well be on part or all of the Antique Cars land. This will be an exciting summer to see what happens with the Antique Cars. But, lets not wish away the 2004 season! Before we know it the park will be closed and we will be in another offseason. Lets enjoy the park while its open and be glad if and when an announcement comes in the coming months.

I never said for a fact congo was leaving I just speculated on what my reliable source told me, I believe him. You may not thats fine. And I never said it was for a 05 attraction either. I agree coney needs another attraction but as i stated before dont look for it on the anitques site. There staying as least for now. I think the next major attraction will indeed go in coney where its going anyones guess. But I think well be seeing a new area of the park developing in the next couple years by Flight of Fear. I again am saying this out of pure speculation my reliable source did not actually tell me this is just speculation, though I do believe him about the antique cars not going anywhere. Pki as something up there sleeves and were all going to gasp when we hear about it trust me its coming.

coasterfans

Are you positive about that Maestro? I was on Beast's crew in 1999, and distinctly recall on Dry Run day there was a lot of buzz about the Rivertown Side of 'Tiques being closed for good. The Rivertown side never opened on any of the days I worked that season, and the former crews were shuffled off to the other side or transferred to other attractions.

Shaggy, nope, I'm not positive. You are probably right - I worked at the park for a lot of years and for some reason the 1997-1999 seasons kind of run together for me. I know for a fact that they hired a full crew for the ride in 1999 and that, as you said, some of them were cross-trained on a daily basis or transferred to other crews because the ride wasn't opened. I just can't remember if it ever operated that year or if the final farewell was the year prior.

Do you remember Carla, your supervisor (later manager) from the first half of the 1999? She says hi :-)

While I was working there last year at tiques, I had a chance to walk the south track and there are a lot of places where the metal rail in the middle is broken. The lay of the course to me at least seemed to be better thatn the north side, it just seemed a little more remote. I remember being there while some idiot college kids ditched two cars at the same time and then left the course somewhere, that was interesting when all the cars stopped coming into the station.

I remember being there while some idiot college kids ditched two cars at the same time and then left the course somewhere, that was interesting when all the cars stopped coming into the station.

It's funny, some of us were talking about that very incident over the weekend! They jumped out of the cars over the the Eagles, right?!

On a related note, I wish the park would either spruce up, or demolish the Rivertown side's station. That area is very beaucholic, and that building just sits there, rotting away in the middle of it.

Wow, memories, I just have to mention one.

I was in the car with some friends, and one was being really annoying. This little kid in front of us was by himself, so one of us had to go with him. We made the annoying one go.

When we were riding, Elliott (the annoying one) told the kid to stop the car after the went around the turn. The kid got it perfect, and as soon as we turned, we hit them. We couldn't even see them until we were about to hit them.

Yes I know bumping is not permitted, and even though I was the driver, it wasn't my fault.

......good times......good times........

TopThrillDragster

Congo falls WILL NOT be going anywhere for a while. they will not remove that.

With all do respect I never said it was, and how do you know for sure it isnt are you in pki management or planning dept. I just said a very reliable source told me when asked about congo being removed he smiled and said stay tuned, what would you take from that. Im not saying its true or false but from his expressions and how he worded it thats what I was thinking I never said it was final it was being removed I put from what my source said in my peresepective. It may be removed it may not, only time will tell but like the source told me stay tuned. Hope no hard feelings here.

coasterfans