Kings Island New Website

mccarthysnerd

^ I'm sure they'll be regularly checking this site to find errors like that. (I still can't help but notice that many of the problems we pointed out in the park map have been corrected - things like adding trees, the little area that was orange on Diamondback's track, etc) which makes me believe they do use us for things like that. :P

^ I'm sure they'll be regularly checking this site to find errors like that. (I still can't help but notice that many of the problems we pointed out in the park map have been corrected - things like adding trees, the little area that was orange on Diamondback's track, etc) which makes me believe they do use us for things like that. :P

Well if that's true then......... I have to beat the dead horse one more time!!!!

We Want SOB BACK!!!!! Sorry Just had too!!!!

• Like 1

^^ The fanboy inside wants to point out that The Crypt is still on the park map, which is more than Son of Beast can claim... But you make an excellent point about them changing the map when the season gets closer. Wonder if it'll still be on there come opening day...

EDIT: Huh, looks like Eurobungie made it onto the park map again.

Aww snap, just when I was getting used to the new/now old website. Some thoughts here:

The new site is a great improvement on the old one. Aside from the general feel and look of the website (which was also vastly improved), the navigation and ease of use is also much better. It looks like they went with a similar design to Kings Dominion's, but I'm glad they took the time to make it their own. The faded images on the home screen in the background are great.

It's good to see Kings Island acknowledging the landmark that is 2012. We were wondering whether they would even mention it, and it looks like that question has been answered. From the sound of it, it seems like they're talking vaguely of some sort of celebration. I don't know to what they're referring there, we'll see.

Three new shows in one year. While granted, the shows are little more than generic costumes and singing along to famous songs, it's good to see the park is keeping up and changing things so as to not let the shows get old and tired, as Paramount did.

The new wave pool's URL is not "NEW-wave-pool" as all the other Soak City items are, instead, it's "Shoot-The-Rapids". Perhaps we have a name for the pool.

Backlot Stunt Coaster is now a thrill rating 1. That's right folks, it's lower than Zephyr (3), Dodgem (4), Eiffel Tower (2), and Thunder Ally (4).

As everyone else has pointed out, The Crypt is void of any mention on the site, anywhere. It's still featured on the map, but you can't tell if it's listed as an attraction there. My guess is is that The Crypt is either SBNO or removed, while the box remains. It looks like Kings Island may have finally given up on it. (Or, on the contrary, perhaps they're spending this year to renovate the whole thing...who knows?)

Kings Island opens again on the last Saturday of April. Who has any idea why they have pushed it back two weeks? Also, it looks like they've officially given up on Thursdays and Sundays for Haunt.

Not much to say about the new map. I like that they added grass, and Dinosaurs Alive looks cute. Still not much perspective on how the new Soak City entrance will work. It looks like there might be a path connecting the back area near Snowy River Rampage (Or whatever they're calling it now) and the front end of the park, near the entrance to the Action river.

Overall, I'm please with the new site. Good job Kings Island!

I wouldn`t look much into the fence around the water park. Kings Island has said that Soak City would be included free with park admission this year.

It also looks like the entrance to the "action river" will be on that new pathway connecting back from Snowy River Rampage. It will be interesting to see if they continue the practice of making everyone in the action river only get one lap before having to exit.

Also, a nice little tidbit I found on the new website, is they have the list of KI Hall of Fame inductees. Check it out here: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/online-fun/ki-hall-of-fame

I would guess that The Crypt as a ride (not necessarily just the giant top spin, but the entire ride) is gone for good. It's a shame. if Ouimet knew what Tomb Raider: The Ride was, he might've delegated someone somewhere to at least figure out what to do to create a workable dark ride / thrill ride using the top spin technology. It was and continues to be a genuine smart, unique, innovative idea to use that ride model as a dark ride.

I can't find the crypt on the ride list!

Maybe it's just a case of whoever designing the website believing in the old "If you can't say anything nice..." saying. :rolleyes:

This is one of 24 great rides in the Fast Lane lineup."

Don't kill the messenger, don't kill the messenger...

2011 we had

1 Diamondback

2 Beast

3 Backlot

4 Flume

5 Boo Blasters

6 Flight of Fear

7 Firehawk

8 Adventure Express

9 Dodgem

10 Delirium

11 Drop Tower

12 Viking Fury

13 Monster?

14 Scrambler?

15 Zepher?

16 Congo Falls?

17 White Water Canyon?

18 Surf Dog?

19 Woodstock Express?

20 Flying Ace?

21 Racer?

22 Vortex - Says its on the 2012 list

23 Invertigo?

24 Troika?

So the question more so is what isn't getting fastlane lol

Guest TombraiderTy

^Good guesses, but a couple off :P

I enjoy the new design - it's easier to navigate, looks nicer, etc. There are a couple errors here-and-there, as one would expect (Character Carousel lists a 46" height requirement when it should be all children under 46" must be accompanied by an adult, and Adventure Express lists a 54" height requirement when it should be 48" already fixed :P), but I'm sure they'll be fixed soon enough.

Regarding Fast Lane, here's everything the site has listed (ones with Fast Lane in '11 in bold):

1. Backlot Stunt Coaster

2. Adventure Express

3. Dodgem

4. Boo Blasters on Boo Hill

5. Diamondback

6. Beast

7. Delirium

8. Drop Tower

9. Firehawk

10. Flight of Fear

11. Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown

12. WindSeeker

13. Congo Falls

14. Racer

15. Flying Ace Aerial Chase

16. Surf Dog

17. Vortex

18. Invertigo

19. Scrambler

20. Monster

21. Zephyr

22. Shake, Rattle, and Roll

23. Eiffel Tower

That's only 23, but Viking Fury had Fast Lane in '11 and I assume it will again in '12 (although it's not listed on the website).

Edit - Also worth pointing out, the Entertainment page doesn't seem to list anything for the KI Theater

Guest TombraiderTy

I know I read somewhere that Crypt will be SBNO this year. Now if I could just find where I read that... I'll see if I can find it and post a link...

It was closed here-and-there,but never for an extended period like it was in '07 or so.

Not sure if it was like this last year or not, but when you try to buy Fast Lane passes it gives you a different price depending on the day kind of like Universal.

Price varied based off date in '11 too.

Edit - Another small error, Scrambler needs its height requirement (36") listed.

It will be interesting to see if they continue the practice of making everyone in the action river only get one lap before having to exit

In 2010 (or it could have been '09) they discontinued the practice of only one lap, so you could then stay in as long as you wanted. Whether they will still let you stay in or if they will go back to the one lap policy remains to be seen.