Kings Island New Website

mccarthysnerd

I would never, ever, ever buy the Fast Lane pass. That said, as a season pass holder, I go when I know the park will not be crowded. You will not find me there on a summer Saturday, when lines might be an hour or more wait. If I go on the weekend, I go early Sunday, leave at 1pm or so when things start to fill up.

If you don't like to wait in line, which is something I despise, plan your trip accordingly. Or, spend the $$, buy the pass. To each their own.

I do find it funny, though, the folks who waste $50 on a Fast Lane pass on a Tuesday or Wednesday in the middle of summer, when you'll wait 15-20 minutes at most on the good rides.

... And from that came the $1 million in extra revenue earned by Kings Island this summer... Think about that figure. Add in the other four big parks, expand it to the whole summer, and pretty soon you'll literally get a "free" coaster. This system required very little initial or ongoing cost. No machines, no Q-bots, no computer systems, no distribution tickets.. Just signs to point up the exit and generic event wristbands.

Morality (aka, opinion) aside, it's smart. Really smart.

• Like 2

And Mr. Ouimet has made clear he does not want Fast Lane to come at the expense of disrupting the guest experience of the non-partaking guests. Stay tuned. And remember, last year was a test. What you saw last year at Kings Island may or may not indicate what you see this year as Fast Lane is implemented throughout the funparks.

As with anything, they are going to tweak it and adjust it in order to make things work better. I think Ouimet gets it and realizes that Fast Lane is a way to offer a preferred system (while also bringing in additional revenue), but in a way that should not detrimentaly impact the guest experience.

I'm glad that they updated the coaster pictures, other than FOF......

Yes, I like the new pictures, other than the fact there is only about 4 pics for ride now. But, those are good pictures. And that FOF picture, I don't want to start a mad discussion over this little thing, I know that same picture was also used for Kings Dominion's FOF. Does anyone know what picture that was taken from? (Stupid question, but just curious)

^as in, was it a picture taken of kings dominion's Flight of Fear, or Kings Island's Flight of Fear?

for this, i'm not sure.

if you're asking if it is actually one of the two Flight of Fears in the picture, then the answer is yes. the picture is from back when the ride had shoulder restraints rather than the lapbar.

^as in, was it a picture taken of kings dominion's Flight of Fear, or Kings Island's Flight of Fear?

for this, i'm not sure.

if you're asking if it is actually one of the two Flight of Fears in the picture, then the answer is yes. the picture is from back when the ride had shoulder restraints rather than the lapbar.

I was asking which FOF it was. But as I sad, stupid question, just curious, don't need an answer.

Canada's Wonderland's website doesn't seem as professionally written as ours:

screenshot20120124at315.png

Aside from the "less than 10 seconds" to launch thing being... odd...

The apostrophe in King's (twice) and the idea that it's one of three Premier rides in the chain (which actually has quite a few more Premier coasters)... The awkward way that they mention it used to be called "The Italian Job..." And don't get me started on the 2 minute 12 second ride time (from launch to final breaks the ride takes less than 1 minute 5 seconds... And that's including the stop at the helicopter, which Canada's doesn't do).

I guess without a dedicated fan site, Canada's Wonderland has no one to police their website. ;)

As with anything, they are going to tweak it and adjust it in order to make things work better. I think Ouimet gets it and realizes that Fast Lane is a way to offer a preferred system (while also bringing in additional revenue), but in a way that should not detrimentaly impact the guest experience.

I hope they he changes Fast Lane a little. During the Haunt it got out of hand.

The apostrophe in King's (twice) and the idea that it's one of three Premier rides in the chain

(which actually has quite a few more Premier coasters)... The awkward way that they mention it used to be called "The Italian Job..." And don't get me started on the 2 minute 12 second ride time (from launch to final breaks the ride takes less than 1 minute 5 seconds... And that's

including the stop at the helicopter, which Canada's doesn't do).

I guess without a dedicated fan site, Canada's Wonderland has no one to police their website. ;)

And just how long should it be until the final breaks? How long until the final breaks for Son of Beast? Has The Crypt seen its final breaks?

Terp, who deserves final brakes, to get him to stop. Editing is a difficult thing, and people bark at you if you don't get all the paws right.

• Like 1

The apostrophe in King's (twice) and the idea that it's one of three Premier rides in the chain (which actually has quite a few more Premier coasters)... The awkward way that they mention it used to be called "The Italian Job..." And don't get me started on the 2 minute 12 second ride time (from launch to final breaks the ride takes less than 1 minute 5 seconds... And that's including the stop at the helicopter, which Canada's doesn't do).

Yes, there is definitely a dedicated fansite.....http://www.cwmania.com/

It appears the members of said site have far more interesting things to be concerned about.

I'm fairly certain that the though the right might in actually be 4:10, Kings Island has been in the habit of saying 4:50. In fact I'd say I remember quite specifically the spiel saying 4:50.

I do, too.

I've also heard the crew say 4minutes 50 seconds.

Hmmm.... could that mean they'll free up the trim brakes and let it run at full speed again after all the repairs they've done? I can't recall the ride time when it opened (I graduated high school that year, it's been a while!) - but faster speed could perhaps account for a shorter ride time. (no, I have not done the math to see how much faster it would have to go!)

The ride's gone the same speed since the day it was officially opened to the public. The addition of magnetic brakes made the ride feel like there was more deceleration, because it happened rapidly instead of steadily, but it's always gone the same speed while available to the public.

Kings Island's website lists the ride duration of the Backlot Stunt Coaster as "2 minutes" when like I mentioned, it's less than 65 seconds. The Crypt's duration was listed as 2 and a half minutes, when the ride cycle barely made it to one and a half. I think that amusement parks are in the business of exaggerating. "Four minutes and ten seconds" reads as "four minutes," while "four minutes and fifty seconds" reads as "five minutes," and when a ride is being advertised as the longest of something, that helps. Some parks on the other side of the Atlantic exaggerate in much different ways, one of which has been circulating the internet recently and would be seen as entirely inappropriate in America, especially near Kentucky.

The ride's gone the same speed since the day it was officially opened to the public. The addition of magnetic brakes made the ride feel like there was more acceleration, because it happened rapidly instead of steadily, but it's always gone the same speed.

I hope you mean deceleration. ;) Don't know too many brakes that cause you to accelerate (unless we are talking about negative acceleration in physics)

And Mr. Ouimet has made clear he does not want Fast Lane to come at the expense of disrupting the guest experience of the non-partaking guests. Stay tuned. And remember, last year was a test. What you saw last year at Kings Island may or may not indicate what you see this year as Fast Lane is implemented throughout the funparks.

Terp - that's the most important angle on this. It's free money, and I don't begrudge those who pay for the privilege, until I have to wait two or three trains for the FP queue. If they put only one or two on per cycle, no problem. Likewise, the day I buy a FP pass, I don't want to wait for 30-60 minutes either. The number has to be finite and very limited. If folks want to pay to go to the head of the line though, that's easy money and I can't blame them for doing this, in the current market.

• 6 months later...

I didn't want to start a new topic so I'll just post here.

Is anyone annoyed by the URL for the site? On the commercials I just realized how they say it..."visitkingsisland.com" but it sounds like "Visit KingsIsland.com". They really need to change it.

Why have they not bought the KingsIsland.com domain name? It's not used anymore.

• Like 1