Kings Island New Website

mccarthysnerd

Odd, on the previous website did it say 4 minutes and 50 seconds? Also, WindSeeker takes you higher than Drop Tower, according to the website. Drop Tower is 315 feet, and WindSeeker is 301 feet. Does anybody know how high Drop Tower and/or WindSeeker take you?

I remember seeing somewhere that Drop Tower actually lifts the gondola to a full height of around 280..something feet. I believe that the 315' figure is the height of the entire tower itself (including the big box on top, plus or minus the antenna). In fact, from what I understand, when Drop Tower/Zone was constructed, another certain tower in the park lost a segment of its antenna mast in order for the (then) new ride's height to have more bragging rights. WindSeeker is indeed the highest ride in the park in that it takes the actuall gondola up to a height of 301'. I'm not sure how tall the tower itself is, or if that has ever been released. It may even be nearly the same height as Drop Tower; the UFO on top looks much less space consuming than the topper of DT.

Not to mention, even if both towers were the same height to the inch, WindSeekers riders are suspended. Even spinning at a forty-five degree angle, they're height of the tower minus distance from top of tower to gondola minus 1/2 swing arm length. If I were a betting man, I'd say that riders on Drop Zone are technically higher. But that's like asking if Pirates of the Caribbean has a faster water flow rate than It's A Small World. Like, it could be answered... But why does it matter?

Since I do admit that I do not know full details (as if anyone else really knows the true height of each tower's elements), and what I said was merely what I THOUGHT based on the information that has been given by the park, I'd like to say that I was not trying to steer anyone in the wrong direction. I will say this however, if you dig up the information listed for both rides, Drop Tower's RIDE height is listed at 26 stories, whereas WindSeeker's is listed at 30. All in all, each of the three towers in the park are in the same general height range, and as goodyellowkorn pointed out, it's really not that big of a comparison.

I'm fairly certain that the though the right might in actually be 4:10, Kings Island has been in the habit of saying 4:50. In fact I'd say I remember quite specifically the spiel saying 4:50.

A certain queue line video back in the day used to say 5 minutes and 13 seconds while subtly playing Rage Against the Machine in the background.

I have said it before and will say it again, Fast Lane is nothing but the spoiled little rich kids fantasy. Why should you have to pay more to be able to ride anything. You paid your money to get into the park, now because you have to pay to ride because way to many people have bought this stupid stuff, you stand in line for 6 hours watching the spoiled little rich kids walk by. What are we teaching the kids now? If you have money, you can do anything? Sorry, this is my opinion and it will not change.

I have used FastLane a few times last year. I'm not a spoiled little rich kid am i because i saved up my hard earned money from working 40 hours a week to get it? FastLane is just a perk and nothing else. Just like the V.I.P. thing. It's a perk you pay for and nothing else. No one is twisting any arms making people buy it. If you go to Disney, you will see the same thing. Just on a much different scale. I will say that to me, FastLane is more of a better perk when the park is packed and ride times are over 2 hours. I tend to shy away from getting it if the park is dead and the wait times are under an hour. FastLane has another perk too. It's cheaper if you get over 4 of them i believe. And FastLane is worth everything you pay for it and more.

ferris wheel could work as you rotate around you go to different scenes of anamtronic story telling the first indoor story telling ferris wheel?

We can dream the dream:

Oh so sad. I jokingly thought of the same thing.

I don't know if I'll have a season pass this year, but I might be able to go a day or two.

I think the Fastpass being spread out over 24 rides will mean fewer riders per ride to Fastpass, or is my math wrong?

I may be crazy, but I recall 4:50 as The Beast time, also. I lugged a friend from a tame foreign nation onto The Beast, and distinctly recall him asking in a panic, "Five minutes? You're going to tear me through the air for five minutes?"

Well, no, not me, personally. The ride, however...

I have said it before and will say it again, Fast Lane is nothing but the spoiled little rich kids fantasy. Why should you have to pay more to be able to ride anything. You paid your money to get into the park, now because you have to pay to ride because way to many people have bought this stupid stuff, you stand in line for 6 hours watching the spoiled little rich kids walk by. What are we teaching the kids now? If you have money, you can do anything? Sorry, this is my opinion and it will not change.

I have used FastLane a few times last year. I'm not a spoiled little rich kid am i because i saved up my hard earned money from working 40 hours a week to get it? FastLane is just a perk and nothing else. Just like the V.I.P. thing. It's a perk you pay for and nothing else. No one is twisting any arms making people buy it. If you go to Disney, you will see the same thing. Just on a much different scale. I will say that to me, FastLane is more of a better perk when the park is packed and ride times are over 2 hours. I tend to shy away from getting it if the park is dead and the wait times are under an hour. FastLane has another perk too. It's cheaper if you get over 4 of them i believe. And FastLane is worth everything you pay for it and more.

Well, there may be a few exceptions to the rich kids, but again, it is more of a moral issue. Here is a scenario, a family of 5 saves for 2 years for a family vacation to the park. While they are standing in line, the younger kids of the family keep watching people walk right by them and get on the rides they have been waiting hours for. How do you explain that to the younger kids that are pointing to the sign beside them that says line jumping is not a sport? I have never, and will never buy or endorse the fast pass, and will voice my opinion anytime I get an opurtunity.

As far as Disney, I was told, so I do not know the facts, but I was told that Disney has a similar fast pass, but it uses your original ticket that you swipe at the ride entrance and then it gives you a time to return. At no extra cost.

But yet Disney also has a laundry list of "extra" perks you can pay for that don't entail the purchase price at the gate. Maybe that same family of 5, since they only get to visit the park on very rare occasions saves up the extra 100 bucks, so they get to enjoy the one day they do get to be at the park. There's nothing morally wrong with Fast Lane. It's a matter of marketing to different groups of people who wouldn't normally enter the park, or see the park as a more enjoyable experience because of it. Do I personally like Fast Lane at Kings Island? No, because I would never use it since I can visit the park X number of times a year, and it does add a couple minutes to my wait times when I do go. But because I use it, and it hinders 30 minutes of my full day at Kings Island, doesn't make it morally wrong.

Fast Passes bring revenue to our park regardless of the financial situation of who's buying them. Revenue keeps KI open. I'd rather wait in a ride line of an open park and watch fast passers go by, versus standing outside of a closed park. Revenue finances more rides. Every time I'm waiting in line and a fast passer (with their crowns, scepters, capes and magnificent jewels) goes sauntering past, I think, "There's another $50 going towards a coaster that I will get to wait in a longer line for!"

Plus, waiting in line gives me more time to smoke a few cigarettes. B)

More power to anyone getting a Fast Lane pass. Just don't rattle your jewelry at us commoners as you go by.

Guest TombraiderTy

Am I the only one curious as to how exactly the park plans to implement Fast Lane into the xx new attractions this year? I can easily see simple modifications being made to some rides, like Racer (turn left queue, formerly Blue, into FL, and turn right queue, formerly Red, into stand-by. Link them both to a divider-free station), but I'm baffled on how other rides, like Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Invertigo, and Vortex, will be included.

Well, there may be a few exceptions to the rich kids, but again, it is more of a moral issue. Here is a scenario, a family of 5 saves for 2 years for a family vacation to the park. While they are standing in line, the younger kids of the family keep watching people walk right by them and get on the rides they have been waiting hours for. How do you explain that to the younger kids that are pointing to the sign beside them that says line jumping is not a sport? I have never, and will never buy or endorse the fast pass, and will voice my opinion anytime I get an opurtunity.

As far as Disney, I was told, so I do not know the facts, but I was told that Disney has a similar fast pass, but it uses your original ticket that you swipe at the ride entrance and then it gives you a time to return. At no extra cost.

Spell check dude.

You're right that Disney's Fastpass system is included with park admission, but I wouldn't say it's "at no extra cost." Keep in mind, a one day ticket to a single Disney park (no parkhopper) is $80.00 plus tax. The cost to build, stock, and upkeep those Fastpass distribution machines is factored in there. The problem with a system like that at Kings Island is, the price for a daily ticket would need to be high every single day to manage that system, but the system itself would only be used on Saturdays in the summer and Haunt nights, so someone visiting on a Wednesday in May would need to pay more for their ticket, then have access to a system they didn't need.

I also suggest that, if you truly only visit once every two years, you come here to ask for help planning for the trip. There are only a few days during the years that any of Kings Island's rides approach a wait time that I would call "hours." If you really only have one visit every two years and you choose a Saturday in July, you've dug your own grave. I would say on an average day in the summer, the longest line you'll find is Firehawk at 45 minutes to an hour, while everything else will be between a walk on and 30 minutes. On most days, you can do the entire park in a day.

Also as you've read here, many make the case that this world affords more to people who will pay more. People often bring up an interesting argument: If it is indeed immoral for someone to pay extra to have "no wait," then is it immoral for you to come to Kings Island at all, since there are people who can't afford it? Is it wrong that there is a tiering system in place there? There's no right or wrong answer, and I understand your frustration. But on another level, the worst thing you can teach your kids is that life is fair. They needn't know the whole story, of course, but you can say "Those are the people with big houses and lots of money." It's something they probably already know as reality, or will learn soon.

• Like 4

Am I the only one curious as to how exactly the park plans to implement Fast Lane into the xx new attractions this year? I can easily see simple modifications being made to some rides, like Racer (turn left queue, formerly Blue, into FL, and turn right queue, formerly Red, into stand-by. Link them both to a divider-free station), but I'm baffled on how other rides, like Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Invertigo, and Vortex, will be included.

I'm thinking they will just use the exit, like they do with The Beast, Viking Fury, ect.

Guest TombraiderTy

I'm thinking they will just use the exit, like they do with The Beast, Viking Fury, ect.

But they don't use the exit for either of those rides. Beast uses its emergency exit, which was once-upon-a-time part of the regular exit. Viking Fury did use its exit when it was initially introduced to Fast Lane, but that was later changed. It now uses the left side of its two-part queue for Fast Lane.

How do you explain that to the younger kids that are pointing to the sign beside them that says line jumping is not a sport?

The same way you explain to your kids why you're in the upper deck eating dollar hot dogs and not down in the Diamond Seats munching on steak chatting it up with Brandon Phillips while he's on deck. It's not like KI is the first to introduce a tiered system of perks.

You do bring up a good point though about the unlimited aspect and that's one thing that I can not wrap my head around. Has anyone ever seen the line for Fast Lane at Firehawk?

Like I said, this is my opinion and it will not change. I visit the park several times a year. I could afford fast passes if I wanted. However, I believe strongly enough against it, I will not and will voice my opinion about it as much as I can. Now, if it is a financial need for the park, raise ticket prices a buck or two. That would make up for what they make in fast pass sales. I think it is more greed that is driving the sale of these fast passes. Just like corperate America is doing now, buying companies low ball, putting there "upgrades" into it, then selling it just before it fails and goes belly up. Do I think this will happen with KI, not really, but if the fast pass system makes enough people mad, they will not return. I would think more return customers would better the park than a couple years of fast pass sales.

Again, voicing my opinion.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever seen the line for Fast Lane at Firehawk?

Yes. On August 6 (the day I tried the Fast Lane for myself), there were, on average, six to nine Fast Laners per red train (FLers were not put on the yellow train due to the configuration of the queues). As Fast Lane becomes more well known and is tweaked, that number may change.

Uhm....you can't smoke in the lines at KI....

I guess I am a terrible person for using the fast passes, although the next time I'll make sure I wear my crown :rolleyes: Let it go. If you don't like it, don't go to the park. :rolleyes:

Um...I don't smoke, just a joke. Reread my post, I'm glad you and anyone else who wants to, pays for the pass. More money for the park.

I'm really not sure of what I need to let go of, and what I stated I didn't like. :huh:

Like I said, this is my opinion and it will not change. I visit the park several times a year. I could afford fast passes if I wanted. However, I believe strongly enough against it, I will not and will voice my opinion about it as much as I can. Now, if it is a financial need for the park, raise ticket prices a buck or two. That would make up for what they make in fast pass sales. I think it is more greed that is driving the sale of these fast passes. Just like corperate America is doing now, buying companies low ball, putting there "upgrades" into it, then selling it just before it fails and goes belly up. Do I think this will happen with KI, not really, but if the fast pass system makes enough people mad, they will not return. I would think more return customers would better the park than a couple years of fast pass sales.

Again, voicing my opinion.

Yes, you've made it clear that this is your opinion. We get that. However, you missed my point: The Fast Lane system as KI calls it (It's not Fast Pass) is a tiered system. KI isn't the first amusement park, nor the first business to implement some sort of tiered system where more money renders you more perks (Edit: KI had a similar system for Gold Pass Holders a few seasons back). If you're upset about that, maybe you should be taking up an argument about capitalism and supply vs. demand rather than the Fast Lane perk at an amusement park.

Like it or not, this system appears to be here to stay. What's worth discussing is whether or not this system has been implemented well compared to similar methods.

• Like 1