Giga or Eagles?

HTCO

I voted Eagles. I'd rather have KI's old atmosphere back than have it become Cedar Point South.* I dearly love Intimidator 305, but it really doesn't help the weird stunts-meets-aliens-meets-snakes "theme" going on in the right part of KD's Congo section.

(Not that CP doesn't have its own atmosphere... It's just that it fits Cedar Point much better than it fits KI.)

*The assumption here is that it would go anywhere CF wanted to put it. If you could assume the ride is going in Action Zone, I'd be a lot more in favor of the giga, be it Intamin or B&M.

I voted Giga, with reservations. I would love to see a Giga if it were a.) an Intamin (to me a B&M Giga would just be a taller Diamondback, just my opinion) and b.) In Action Zone. One of the only problems I have with Diamondback is that it essentially completed the ruining of what was once one of the most beautiful areas of the park, the lake and Antique Cars. Though Diamondback with its splashdown isn't as bad as the wonderful gravel of BLSC, I still wish they could have kept the lake. So as TombRaiderFTW said, I'd be all for a Giga in Action Zone as it would fit the area well.

Though I agree it would be nice to see the Eagles return, as there is a need for more rides that the whole family can enjoy at the park, not to mention their removal was unnecessary in the first place. Also, I'd love to read the Facebook fan comments on a Kings Island status of: "New for 2013: Flying Eagles".

Look at all the people voting giga. In my opinion, once you have a hyper coaster like Diamondback, a giga coaster becomes kind of superfluous. Not to say I wouldn't like one, but the Eagles would have a much better place at Kings Island. They and the antique cars were great, and I would trade them back for Backlot any day.

I love big coasters. I also miss the lost atmosphere of KI, but know that times change. I can't complain about Rivertown and see KI making a trend towards overall experience and park ambiance.

I'll take a Giga any day but would much rather have a multi-launch, terrain hugging twisty fest!

neither.

if we get something new... don't let it be (and only be) something over 40 years old.

Also, I have a feeling with the new direction of CF, the Hyper and Giga days may be over- for a while anyway. For 2013 I foresee a heavily themed family attraction arriving, and maybe plans for development of an area that may all of a sudden lose a large wooden structure. I think SOB was safe under the direction of Kinzel, who had a penchant for large, record breaking coasters. the new guy doesn't seem to be impressed as much by them.

Cut the losses and move on.

• Like 1

That's a problem that occurred with Vortex last year with the chain I believe.. but it is possible to custom make parts and then just keep the measurements.

In any case though, I think I'd choose a giga if it were intamin.... if they didn't kill all the trees to make it (so more like a speeder bike)

Otherwise, I'd bring the eagles back since there was plenty of space for them to stay.

For a second I thought this was a vague description of a vote between CW's Leviathan and Dolly's Wild Eagle coasters. But anyway, I agree with Mr. Schrute on the end of mega coasters and the (possible) beginning of themed family attractions. But that's only if Ouimette brings in people that can maintain and upkeep the themed portions of said themed attractions. The last thing we need is a repeat of the former Paramount decade.

• 1 month later...