Taking Pictures

flightoffear1996

What would happen if they see me taking a picture? Will I get kicked out or arrested? Why is it against the law as long as you dont drop it. It would be o diffenet than some one losing a hat and flying back into your face. If you lost a camera the weight of it would cause it to fall back down rather than flying in someones face.

It would be o diffenet than some one losing a hat and flying back into your face. If you lost a camera the weight of it would cause it to fall back down rather than flying in someones face.

The only problem with this whole method of thinking is what you think would happen and what would actually happen are two different things. The reality of it is, nothing ever falls in the right place. If you drop the camera on Drop Zone, it should be falling at the same speed of the ride for a while, so it may seem to float in front of you, unless it happens to catch air, in which case it would shoot up, and then most likely ladn on the ride or someone on the ride. I remember riding Vortex once where some guy lost his hat at the top of one of the loops and by the time we got down the other side, it had landed in the seat behind him. Think about what would happen if you lost your camera at this point. Also, think about this, if the park does catch you, and you screw up and someone gets hurt, PKI is not gonna take a loss because of you. If you injure someone and PKi gets sued, it is gauranteed that PKI will sue to reimburse their loses. try explaining that one to your parents. Because I didn't follow the rules at pKI, we are getting sued for millions. Talk about being disowned.

Rather than risk breaking the law and getting caught, hurting someone and getting sued, or simply being thrown out of the park........I'd just obey the no pictures on the roller coaster rule.

If you want awesome pictures of certain roller coasters, you ought to contact Guest Relations. They may be willing to sell them to you for a nominal fee.

Sincerely,

Italian Chef :chef:

• 3 weeks later...
if you take pics on rides, you might have happen to you what happened to me! that is, my camera has been at the repair place for OVER a month now with severe damage to the lens assembly. Blame SoB for this.

My phone probably went to phone heaven, blame SOB for that. :angry:

On ride photos wouldn't be all that impressive anyway, in my opinion. Coasters are supposed to look better from the outside, luring guests in by their height, color, etc etc.

Although, some rides do have some sections where it would be cool, wouldn't onride photos be blurry?

if you take pics on rides, you might have happen to you what happened to me! that is, my camera has been at the repair place for OVER a month now with severe damage to the lens assembly. Blame SoB for this.

My phone probably went to phone heaven, blame SOB for that. :angry:

that's why i always keep my phone deepin my cargo pocket!

Hmm... I might be able to explain rules in here without being b*tched at!

Taking pictures on the ride is not allowed... but I don't have to go on with it b/c there are actually people in here that know the rules! Amazing! I'm dumbfounded!

I'll talk about something related that hasn't been mentioned yet... if you want to try and get pictures on the ride, you would ask marketing (a.k.a. Mr. Siebert) and they would intern say yes or no. Odds are no, but in the unlikly event that they tell you yes, the would explain how and you would be escourted by one of them or security or a rides manager or all of the above while doing so. They might also rig it so that you can do it during a test run in the morning with no one else on.

As of having video of the rides (while on them and operating) I would think that they would have things like that, but I doubt that they would give it out (or sell it) to the general public.

There are many parks that are cancelling scheduled dates for coaster enthusiasts, because they are the people that break the rules the most. On ride pics are really great, also really dangerous, and the laws are very direct about taking camers on almost every ride. I have taken on ride pics, but never thought about the ramifications of "what could happen". I would suggest to the moderators not to post on ride pics, or let the members post on ride pics, or even link to a sight for on ride pics, just for the plain fact that PKI does look at these sites and if they see that there is rule breaking going on, invitations for exclusive ride times, advertising pics for new rides may stop.

Coasterbuzz

Editorial